Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I was listening to a video talking about archeological evidence for the faith and cited a video covering this discovery from a few years back. Atheists and skeptics of the Bible have used the lack of obvious evidence for the existence of the Hebrews in early Egypt as a kind of proof that the Biblical passages are more legendary than historical. In Egypt, there was a Semitic people called the Hyksos but that is a very broad term that covered all the Semitic peoples living in Egypt like the Babylonians besides the Hebrews. Anyway, people forget that at different times other areas like Sudan were part of the Egyptian empire and can be used to substantiate such claims. Besides that, I would point out that the lack of evidence is not necessarily proof that something doesn't exist, not only is proof hard to find, and things get destroyed but the Pharaohs often wanted to erase some unhappy memories from the record of the past.

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I was listening to a video talking about archeological evidence for the faith and cited a video covering this discovery from a few years back. Atheists and skeptics of the Bible have used the lack of obvious evidence for the existence of the Hebrews in early Egypt as a kind of proof that the Biblical passages are more legendary than historical. In Egypt, there was a Semitic people called the Hyksos but that is a very broad term that covered all the Semitic peoples living in Egypt like the Babylonians besides the Hebrews. Anyway, people forget that at different times other areas like Sudan were part of the Egyptian empire and can be used to substantiate such claims. Besides that, I would point out that the lack of evidence is not necessarily proof that something doesn't exist, not only is proof hard to find, and things get destroyed but the Pharaohs often wanted to erase some unhappy memories from the record of the past.

yahweh? Except that is not what it says...it says "ta shasu yehua"

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟74,762.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
yahweh? Except that is not what it says...it says "ta shasu yehua"
The consonants are YHWH, and as to the vowels, we don't know the exact values in YHWH (Yahweh is an educated guess), and we do not know how the vowels were transliterated into the Egyptian language. According to the web-page, there is no doubt that this is the name of the God of Israel.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Even if the Bible contains a thousand errors, Jesus testified God is true.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The consonants are YHWH, and as to the vowels, we don't know the exact values in YHWH (Yahweh is an educated guess), and we do not know how the vowels were transliterated into the Egyptian language. According to the web-page, there is no doubt that this is the name of the God of Israel.
Well no, I quoted the webpage...

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟74,762.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I did not object to your quote, but to your conclusion that "yehua" is not YHWH.

The page says: »but even if Yahweh is a place in these hieroglyphic texts, it was clearly a place named after the god Yahweh of the Old Testament.«

"Yehua" being a place name is a proposition the author doesn't share, but handles as a counter-argument that cannot be refuted with certainty. So he counters with: Anyway, it is a reference to the God of the OT.

Upvote 0