• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

New to the migraine world

Oct 8, 2012
✟21,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My type is more visual flashes blurryness and spots , um nausea ? i get with the dizzyness but havent thrown up yet . wouldnt say major dizzyness but a good dose lol. have.some questions though does any of yous faint/ black out ? is it ok to eat yoghurt as a migraine suferrer- cheese are a triger. i faint or have been nearly . will i not be able to stop blacking out?

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My type is more visual flashes blurryness and spots , um nausea ? i get with the dizzyness but havent thrown up yet . wouldnt say major dizzyness but a good dose lol. have.some questions though does any of yous faint/ black out ? is it ok to eat yoghurt as a migraine suferrer- cheese are a triger. i faint or have been nearly . will i not be able to stop blacking out?

I get 3 to 5 migraines a week and have for over a year. Before that it was only 1 - 2. I take Relpax as an abortive medication, having been prescribed it from a good neurologist at the Cleveland Clinic. Nothing works for prevention.

I have the visual disturbances from time to time and mine are more picket fence-type light flashes. Sometimes they're in one eye, other times in both eyes. They tend to last for about 20 minutes when they occur.

If I've discovered anything about migraines over the years it's that every patient is different and the medications that work are also very individual. I'm praying for you.

Faithfully,

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2012
✟21,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I get 3 to 5 migraines a week and have for over a year. Before that it was only 1 - 2. I take Relpax as an abortive medication, having been prescribed it from a good neurologist at the Cleveland Clinic. Nothing works for prevention.

I have the visual disturbances from time to time and mine are more picket fence-type light flashes. Sometimes they're in one eye, other times in both eyes. They tend to last for about 20 minutes when they occur.

If I've discovered anything about migraines over the years it's that every patient is different and the medications that work are also very individual. I'm praying for you.

Faithfully,

Thanks sacerdote, wow your visual disturbances/aura lasts 20 minutes! I feel sorry for you. I heard well, read on line now that I remember reading the medications prescribed is unique in each case. "Nothing works for prevention" thats pretty true.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to the migraine club. :sorry:

I usually have a lot of nausea with my migraines. My mom doesnt and she eats cheddar cheese as soon as she gets the aura and it helps it. Now it doesnt help with the pain of migraines though.

For that, I usually take a ibprofen, and nausea pill and sleep it off. Drink plenty of water as well. :)

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I started to suffer with an unusual kind of migraine.

It starts with blurryness in my eyes which starts at the corner of my eye or both eyes and gets worse and worse. Then after about 30 mins it stops and about 5 mins later the headache starts.

I found out that when the blurryness starts, what you must do is close your eyes and keep them closed for about 30 mins. The headache still comes but much much much less painful and it depends on how quickly i decide to close my eyes after the blurryness starts. The longer i take, the worse the headache is. So I do it immediately and the resulting headache is not as bad as a normal headache. Your head still feels like a mess though.

I looked at a webinar about what causes migraines and headaches. Very interesting stuff.

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2012
✟21,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
thanks everyone it was all informative and helpful its good to talk about our sufferings theres a release when a person does and good to know others experience the same as what im going through - my migraines are pretty minor unless im really stressed at teh moment -'same ' meaning suffering from migraines not the varying degrees of pain/symptoms.

Would like to know how you cope with the tiredness tht comes with migraines? I think i need to drink more water this week last few weeks ive been sleeping in every day for the laast two weeks i think my parents are wondering, i did tell my mum it was the migraines.

OTher than sleep what are some good remedies or ways of coping with the extra tiredness? i dont usually nap well I usually these days just sleep at night or sleep in.
I really want to know more through the ways of eating and drinking healthy food and beverages plus exercise would help.

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
thanks everyone it was all informative and helpful its good to talk about our sufferings theres a release when a person does and good to know others experience the same as what im going through - my migraines are pretty minor unless im really stressed at teh moment -'same ' meaning suffering from migraines not the varying degrees of pain/symptoms.

Would like to know how you cope with the tiredness tht comes with migraines? I think i need to drink more water this week last few weeks ive been sleeping in every day for the laast two weeks i think my parents are wondering, i did tell my mum it was the migraines.

OTher than sleep what are some good remedies or ways of coping with the extra tiredness? i dont usually nap well I usually these days just sleep at night or sleep in.
I really want to know more through the ways of eating and drinking healthy food and beverages plus exercise would help.

I don't know of any other way of coping with fatigue than sleep. However, I have medication for the head pain and nausea that helps generally.

Faithfully,

Upvote 0