✟12,812.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
II Paradox II said:
no, people have also tried to advocate for the canonicity of clement's letter to the corinthians, the didache and the shepard of hermas among others...

ken
Not to mention the protroevangelion of James, an excellent read by the way.
Under aHis Mercy,
Eusebios.
:bow:

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
"New Testament Apocrypha" ...

Now there's a phrase I haven't heard in years and years. There really isn't any specific collection of books that is considered the New Testament Apocrypha, like the collection of Deuterocanonical books included in some Bibles, generally having been written during the Second Temple period, as the name seems to imply. Rather, for many years I have heard scholars only refer to specific books, or to categories of books, such as Gnostic gospels, infancy gospels, protogospels, acts of saints, Early Church Fathers, etc.

Upvote 0

Eusebios

Create in me a clean heart O God!
Feb 17, 2004
Canton, OH.
Visit site
✟12,812.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Crazy Liz said:
"New Testament Apocrypha" ...

Now there's a phrase I haven't heard in years and years. There really isn't any specific collection of books that is considered the New Testament Apocrypha, like the collection of Deuterocanonical books included in some Bibles, generally having been written during the Second Temple period, as the name seems to imply. Rather, for many years I have heard scholars only refer to specific books, or to categories of books, such as Gnostic gospels, infancy gospels, protogospels, acts of saints, Early Church Fathers, etc.
I agree Liz. it is odd terminology, though I understood the intent of the OP. Thanks for a bit of clarification.
His unworthy servant,
Eusebios.
:bow:

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
PaladinValer said:
No; much of the NT Apocrypha contains a great deal of Holy Tradition :)

What books, exactly, does it consist of?

I have seen so many different lists that the phrase seems to have become meaningless. That is why I think it is seldom used anymore.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.