pressingon
May 18, 2004
Visit site
✟15,582.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
As a Christian who holds to the YEC viewpoint, I'm obviously excited by the creation of this forum. Not to temper that excitement, of course, but I wanted to share an interesting observation... I'm far more interested in the discussions in the TE forum, as I finally have the opportunity to get their viewpoint on issues without a debate popping up. I'm sure that many Christians who hold to the TE viewpoint feel the same way.

That being said, let me caution you all in the usage of this forum. Although you may disagree wholeheartedly with the TE viewpoint and be 100% convinced that the YEC viewpoint is 100% correct, keep in mind that there will be fellow brothers and sisters in Christ that hold conflicting viewpoints visiting this forum to gain a better understanding of the YEC viewpoint. If we do not treat them with the proper amount of respect (remember the golden rule, Matthew 22:39), and if we do not treat our understanding of the hows of God's creation with the proper amount of humility (recognizing that it is the Holy Spirit which reveals truth, not our own self-understanding), I guarantee you they will not respect your ideas.

God bless....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Word of Peace

Evangelical Quaker, YEC
Dec 27, 2003
✟9,090.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
pressingon said:
That being said, let me caution you all in the usage of this forum. Although you may disagree wholeheartedly with the TE viewpoint and be 100% convinced that the YEC viewpoint is 100% correct, keep in mind that there will be fellow brothers and sisters in Christ that hold conflicting viewpoints visiting this forum to gain a better understanding of the YEC viewpoint. If we do not treat them with the proper amount of respect (remember the golden rule, Matthew 22:39), and if we do not treat our understanding of the hows of God's creation with the proper amount of humility (recognizing that it is the Holy Spirit which reveals truth, not our own self-understanding), I guarantee you they will not respect your ideas.

God bless....
Well said! :amen:

Upvote 0

Underdog77

May 27, 2004
Edmond, OK
✟15,564.00
Faith
Non-Denom
i don't know about the rest of you, but I was reading the posts here and I feel kinda relieved. At least now I can post and not be ridiculed or always watching my every word that I type. Although some of the debate will be lost (it can still take place in the all-members forums) I'm glad to have a place to just talk about science.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Null-Geodesic

Aug 17, 2004
✟580.00
Faith
Protestant
tkster said:
This has to be the greatest idea here yet.
why a Mormon such as yourself is posting in Christian only forums and using the cross symbol when that is specifically against forum rules?????

tkster's profile said:
Birthday:
17th March 1983 Blessings:
809 Country:
United States Current Activity:
surfing the web Location:
Lubbock Biography:
Texas Tech Student Interests:
Debate, Working Out Occupation:
Communications Assistant for the Hearing Impaired Church:
LDS Ministry:
Creationist, Neo-Mormon Fav. Verse:
Romans 8:28 Bible Version:
KJV Years as a Christian:
1 Origin of the Life View:
Young Earth Creation

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
pressingon said:
As a Christian who holds to the YEC viewpoint, I'm obviously excited by the creation of this forum. Not to temper that excitement, of course, but I wanted to share an interesting observation... I'm far more interested in the discussions in the TE forum, as I finally have the opportunity to get their viewpoint on issues without a debate popping up. I'm sure that many Christians who hold to the TE viewpoint feel the same way.

God bless....
You are absolutely right. I will treat them with respect and love because I do love them and that is what we are commanded to do, not in the hope that they might respect our YEC ideas because that's just not going to happen.

I am thankful for this forum, however as it will be so nice to have a place to discuss things with other creationists without all the ridicule and unChrist-like bickering that plagued CS/TE.

Thank you, Erwin!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Upvote 0

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Null-Geodesic said:
why a Mormon such as yourself is posting in Christian only forums and using the cross symbol when that is specifically against forum rules?????
I don't want to get into the argument, but it's my understanding that, while the Salt Lake City-based Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is not a Nicene Christian group per the rules here, there are offshoot groups of LDS who do accept the orthodox doctrine of the Trinity and the Nicene Creed, rejecting "orthodox" Mormon doctrine that says otherwise, and who would be eligible for CO membership.

Upvote 0
S

SIXDAYCREATIONIST

Polycarp1 said:
I don't want to get into the argument, but it's my understanding that, while the Salt Lake City-based Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is not a Nicene Christian group per the rules here, there are offshoot groups of LDS who do accept the orthodox doctrine of the Trinity and the Nicene Creed, rejecting "orthodox" Mormon doctrine that says otherwise, and who would be eligible for CO membership.
it said "Neo-Mormon." i don't think that is the exact same thing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.