Visit site
✟8,193.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ever have one of those times? you need to find a specific verse- you know it's in the Bible - you want to go right to it, instantly, and you can't find it!

I need to add the book / chapter / verse to an text image I use in my cafepress shop.

I know it's in there- but for the life of me- I can't remember where. I am getting so frustrated over this.
I know I found it in my own Bible and have seen it on the net- but now I can't find it. Can some one please help me?

"The Lord helps those who abide in Him."

oldsage

Veteran
Nov 4, 2005
Pinellas Park, FL
✟1,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
ever have one of those times? you need to find a specific verse- you know it's in the Bible - you want to go right to it, instantly, and you can't find it!

I need to add the book / chapter / verse to an text image I use in my cafepress shop.

I know it's in there- but for the life of me- I can't remember where. I am getting so frustrated over this.
I know I found it in my own Bible and have seen it on the net- but now I can't find it. Can some one please help me?

These are the closest I could find to what you are asking for. I looked up all verses with the words "god" and "abide" in them in about 26 English versions and these are the best I found.

NRS 1 John 4:16 So we have known and believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them.
NRS 2 John 1:9 Everyone who does not abide in the teaching of Christ, but goes beyond it, does not have God; whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
NAU Psalm 61:7 He will (1)abide (a)before God forever; Appoint (b)lovingkindness and truth that they may preserve him.
ESV 2 John 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.

Upvote 0

DesertScroll

Jul 19, 2007
✟7,896.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

These might be the passages you are looking for:

I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. Whoever does not abide in me is thrown away like a branch and withers; such branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit and become my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; abide in my love.

John 15:4-9 (NRSV)

Upvote 0

MzSnowleopard

Feb 21, 2007
Iowa
Visit site
✟8,193.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm getting doubtful that it is actually in the Bible.

I went to BibleGateway and searched for that phrase in every English version they have, no matches.

BibleGateway has never come through for me- so I don't use them.

I'm beginning to wonder if I didn't just dream the whole thing- I has been so certain that it was in there.
I checked http://www.bible.com/ which has never failed me- and even they don't have it.

So now I'm wondering where this came from.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.