The Wild West
✟492,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I have a list of the baptismal names of various people, including Orthodox Christians, Catholics, Anglicans, Lutherans and traditional Protestants, some of whom are deceased, which is categorically organized so that people can be prayed for liturgically in the right way. For example, the Eastern Orthodox priest will pray for people in the Liturgy of Preparation when using the liturgical spear to cut particles from the Lamb (the leavened bread used as the Eucharistic Host), the Roman Catholics have mass intentions, and other denominations might have prayers at the altar, for example, the Syriac Orthodox.

The information in my prayer list is anonymized since it is just first names. I share ir with some fellow clergy I am friends with, and we jointly add names to it. I suppose what makes it unique is it is ecumenical. I find myself wondering if I could do a better job disseminating it to additional clergy, and also to laity; it was originally intended for liturgical intercession but lay people can pray just as well, in that the Presbyter is the elder, but all Christians are priests in the sacerdotal or hieratic sense, in that we no longer require Kohanim to act as intermediaries between us and God, because of Jesus Christ being the High Priest of our Royal Priesthood into which we are baptized.

For example, there is an elderly Orthodox clergyman who has been diagnosed with a dangerous cancer, and there is a particular Akathist, the name of which escapes me, but I expect @prodromos or @PsaltiChrysostom can remind me. And this prayer can be said by laity.

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟434,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
other denominations might have prayers at the altar, for example, the Syriac Orthodox.

This is Coptic Orthodox practice, as well, though I can't at the moment recall the details of the practice, probably because I only recall participating in it once.

• Friendly
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0