Apr 12, 2004
Bossier City, LA (removed from his native South C
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SDA brothers and sisters,

I know the "Reformed" monicker can be viewed as being a bit restrictive of the beliefs covered by this forum. What would you guys like as a name for the forum that would reflect the ideas of those that visit this area?

Yours in Christ,
Dave
(temp SDA mod)

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Seraph1m

Oct 12, 2005
In His Presence
✟15,634.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
HoneyDew said:
One more question: what if you don't really find a satisfaction in the labels and don't consider your viewpoints to be exclusively "traditional" or "progressive," -- as far as those labels go on this forum, what could you do in this case?
This has been on my mind as well. In light of the fact that nobody here can tell another what it is he or she believes that is a good question.

Upvote 0

daveleau

In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind
Apr 12, 2004
Bossier City, LA (removed from his native South C
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I don't consider myself indelibly Baptist. I'm a Christian and I have a varied past regarding church membership (Pentecostal, Non-Denom, Non-Denom, Baptist, Episcopalian, Non-Denom, Baptist). While I am in a Baptist seminary, I still will not attend a Baptist church just to attend a Baptist church. So, I don't really care for labels either. To minimize the confusion caused by people that stir up trouble by posting debate in other forums (for instance, a Baptist that posts in OBOB or SDA to debate), we need to choose one area and stick with it. It is not a perfect system, but there aren't any better ideas that we have seen to allow intra-congregational discussion/debate (congreg. forums) and inter-congregational discussion/debate (other non-congregational forums). Basically, the idea that one does not adhere to one group or label is an old issue on CF. But, to help with organization and lessen confusion, we do need to stick to one area. Pick the one that suits you best. I know there are some that attend a conservative "traditional" SDA church, but have Progressive ideals. In these instances, one should go with what they believe rather than where they attend, since the statements made are from you, rather than from your pastor.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more info or have different ideas, as this is not a dictatorship. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums