Visit site
✟1,369,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whew, that NIV Bible in the background has seen better days. But hey, the Word is still valid, no matter how old the Bible is, or if it is digital.
My four children gave me that Bible as a gift in December of 1993. I had been going through a pretty rough period of my life and that gift really turned my life around and sent me back in the right direction. So that particular Bible has a special place in my heart. Thank you for commenting, and thank you for reading. Much appreciated. Sue Love

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My four children gave me that Bible as a gift in December of 1993. I had been going through a pretty rough period of my life and that gift really turned my life around and sent me back in the right direction. So that particular Bible has a special place in my heart. Thank you for commenting, and thank you for reading. Much appreciated. Sue Love
You are welcome. Wow, that is over 31 years ago. Life can throw us for a loop, but Jesus is with us every step of the way. I am glad that the gifted Bible helped you through your rough patch. :) NIV, KJV, version doesn't matter, as long as you trust in Jesus. For me, I have an NIV, a Catholic Bible, and I use an ESV online. If I struggle to understand a verse, I let a private and free artificial intelligence on my computer interpret it, or try to find verses in relation to someone's situation.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,369,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are welcome. Wow, that is over 31 years ago. Life can throw us for a loop, but Jesus is with us every step of the way. I am glad that the gifted Bible helped you through your rough patch. :) NIV, KJV, version doesn't matter, as long as you trust in Jesus. For me, I have an NIV, a Catholic Bible, and I use an ESV online. If I struggle to understand a verse, I let a private and free artificial intelligence on my computer interpret it, or try to find verses in relation to someone's situation.
Thank you for sharing. I began with the KJV (first 27 years of my life), then moved to the NASB, then to the NIV'84, but when the internet did not support the NIV'84 I switched to mostly using the ESV. I go back and forth among these depending on how they translate certain Scripture verses. I am partial to the NIV'84, for my reading comprehension level is more on that level than on the level of the KJV and the NASB.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for sharing. I began with the KJV (first 27 years of my life), then moved to the NASB, then to the NIV'84, but when the internet did not support the NIV'84 I switched to mostly using the ESV. I go back and forth among these depending on how they translate certain Scripture verses. I am partial to the NIV'84, for my reading comprehension level is more on that level than on the level of the KJV and the NASB.
Yeah, the NIV is way easier to read compared to the 1600s language of the KJV (thou ye shall etc). NIV and ESV are my favorite.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,369,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, the NIV is way easier to read compared to the 1600s language of the KJV (thou ye shall etc). NIV and ESV are my favorite.
Mine, too.

Upvote 0