Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Since it is now apparent to most that I have changed my Faith I thought that I would tell all as to how it came about for me.
For the longest time when I was growing up I was raised to hate most of Mianstream Christianity altogether. This is because I was raised a Jehovah's Witness. I was forced to go with my mother even when I had decided that I did not want to any longer. My mother went to the elders of the church and actually told them because it was now time for me to choose whether or not to become baptized. So I told them and I told them that I did not agree with what they taught. They then disfellowshipped me from the congregation.
after this I became agnostc for a while due the fact that I was very upset and disillusioned. But then something happened to me that I knew that I had to search for God.
So then my Journey began. Many things happened along the way. Of which would take up too many pages to tell you all. But I will sum it up like this drugs, alcohol, depraved behaviour, ect. All of this I was doing and searching at the same time. So when I found something I of course had to find something that also fit into my lifestyle because I was not yet ready ready to give it up. I also had to overcome some demons from the past as well. That being those things I learned as a child from the JWs. I had a very hard time understanding and excepting the Trinity until just recently. There were also many other things that I had to overcome.
I not only had a hard time dealing with these things due to previous misconceptions but due to the fact that I have always been one of those people that is very sensitive to others and their want and needs. So to give up on the notion that people didn't go to a literal hell was a hard concept for me. Besides there was always part of me that felt as if I could not be forgive for my past transgressions.
then one day after doing many things like buddhism and other such things and then researching many Protestant religions I finally chose to get baptized a Baptist. I wanted so much to be back in His fold again. But even then I was still not ready to overcome my other demons. That took me some more time until it almost took my life more than once. It is by His Grace alone that I am still here today.
Now for the good stuff. :) But I think it would be better if I used another post to do it in or I will run out of room....

Reactions: Miss Shelby

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So from here we get into about 5 years ago that is when I became sober for the last time and stayed that way. I went to AA in order to accomplish this and so from there started getting involved again more with the church. I just want to add that it took me going to AA for four years of in and out to accomplish staying sober. So for those of you that know me I have always been thick headed. LOL
When I returned to church I went back to a Baptist church, but for some reason it just did not suit anymore and I felt as if any ground I had gained at all was gone and I was wondering again. I knew still though that I loved Christ and that I needed Him only. So I went out to search for a new church and finally settled on a Non-Denominational Church. I thought that this would be best. I even tried one of those Unification Charismatic churches but all they did was make me laugh as soon as I left.
Then I was hit with a few tragedies in a short span of time. One of which was my Aunt Donna's death in the World Trade Center. After that I had a very hard time and I avoided anything that had to do with it that could possibly remind me of it. Finally one day I started a web search for my Aunt and one of the places it took me to was Christian Forums. At the time I was baffled because for the life of me I couldn't find my Aunt's name anywhere. But here I was and here I stayed. I liked it.
Then my experiences took me mostly to GA and had to debate all the time. Very rarely did I leave this forum except maybe for the poetry and prose section. One day though I started a thread that started a huge debate and I got into it with what I used to call one of those Catholics. It eventually got moved to the now defunct IDD forum. So there we got into it and debated some more. So I figured OK while I am here let me ask them some things that I want explained to me that I know for a fact they are doing wrong. So I tried and tried to stump them and couldn't. Well this dismayed me because wasn't I the one in the right? In fact I was full of many preconcieved notions and misconceptions that were wrong.
The next thing that impressed me much was that these people were so forgiving of me and tolerant considering I was very rude and unchristianlike. They never once asked me to convert or expected me too either. In fact when I declared myself I think I shocked them more than anyone else because my PRE brothers and sisters were already telling me I was going to.
With much study over certain things and much prayer I decided that this was indeed what was missing. Because of my decision my attitudes and thinking has changed more and more daily and I now feel safe and secure in my Faith choice which was something that was never steady before even though I proclaimed it to be. I am learning more with each new day and I am Happier than I have ever been. I also feel so close to him that I can't even put it into words.
I am proud to say that I am now Catholic.
I am proud to say that I am Christian.
In Christ
Debi

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Phoebe said:
Great story!

My step daughter was a JW, now baptized Lutheran. She was also taught misconceptions of "Christendom." Especially the Catholic church.
I am glad that you feel at peace, and you feel that you have come home.
Pheobes what would I do without you my new friend... Thank You and Thank the Heavens above that He has led your step daughter back to his fold too.

Reactions: ukok
Upvote 0

Debi1967

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
MattMMMan17 said:
:blush: I apologize for my behavior at that time.

WELCOME HOME!
No worries I still love ya.
I can deal with getting into it with with one of those [/ICatholics now.(I ressemble the remark is the probably why)LOL
In Christ
Debi

Upvote 0

pmarquette

Nov 17, 2003
Auburn , IL.
Visit site
✟8,938.00
Faith
Protestant
I found a 2nd chance to a ministry call on my life amidst the Evangelical / Word of Faith camp .... and now , am being used in several areas of ministry within our local church .

It is written " that the gift and call on our lives are without repentance " ... like Jonah , we can run , but cannot hide from the will of God for us ....

I believe these are great times for the church , as God moves us around , reshuffles the deck , and puts people in a place like this to speak of our love of God , our work of and within the kingdom , irrespective of " name tag " .

In hearing a similar testimony from both sides of the fence , a common hunger for the principles of the bible , a common need to express the fire of God shut up within in us , to express by worship , witness , out reach , and testimony " Christ within us " and the power of Revelations 12.11 : we .... all who believe in Christ Jesus , and the work of the croos ; can and will overcome the enemies temptation , torment , trials by our faith and the Words of God .... thus and only thus will the gates not prevail against us ... by rising up , and going forth to demonstrate the power of the gospel of Jesus

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums