Visit site
✟145,772.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's my opinion that the Prequels have been heavily edited by Rebel propaganda to make Darth Vader's childhood look really silly. Jar Jar was actually Char Char - an amphibious warrior with gnarly frog legs that could ninja-jump into battle. Rather than being a giant reptilian rabbit with huge ears, he of course had tiny ears that closed over when underwater - much like today's frogs. The big ears are just propaganda. Rather than being banished for being 'clumsy', he was an uncontrollable beserker! As an amphibian he had various glands that would operate in sync with his adrenaline system. At the first sign of trouble they super-oxygenated his blood and stacked so much extra oxygen in that a decent bleed would smell like jet fuel. In battle his huge frog-like legs and super-oxy blood shot him straight at the enemy neck where he would chomp down with poisonous fangs. Banished for being clumsy? His whole species were why you don't go near the swamps of Naboo!
If we ever uncover the raw unedited footage from the prequels, it would be rated MA15+. And just don't get me started on the line that Anakin made C3PO or knew R2D2 - they weren't even manufactured yet! Sadly, much of what QuiGon and Obiwan were doing with Char Char on Naboo will remain hidden in legend - as I heard the original footage was deleted. But maybe, just maybe someone will edit these 'prequels' and show us something closer to the truth. And it won't be a dumb space 'trade dispute with the Naboo system' and a giant rabbit-reptile - I can tell you that now!

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I've been watching Star Wars Fan You-tube V logger video the last year or two. First time, I've heard some of that stuff, it does make sense given some Fan theories especially the one that Jar Jar was a secret Sith Lord....

But from what I heard Jar Jar later character was inspired by Walt Disney's, Goofy. The big ears especially.

But I can see why the Sith theory came about. People were reading a lot into Jar Jar's large leaps etc. because that is a Jedi power, but quite often in fiction especially TV and movies, characters get changed as far as appearance and identity, but what they can do in the script stays functionally unchanged even if it doesn't make sense, strains credibility, or gives other intended messages like a character is a Sith Lord.

Upvote 0

Pathfinder627

Sep 26, 2020
Texas
✟11,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
That's kind of funny.

In all seriousness though, I kind of liked the prequels. All of the hate for them broke Lucas mentally, I think. So he sold it to Disney, who made the series even worse. People got what they deserved for hating on Lucas :p

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟145,772.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes - the Rey trilogy totally broke Star Wars lore.

After generations of 'prophecy of the chosen one' we finally meet Anakin. He is controversially taken on quite late into Jedi training. He then catastrophically falls to the Dark Side and helps create the Empire, build the Death Star - destroy Alderaan, etc. But finally he fulfils the prophecy to bring balance to the force by destroying the Emperor with his son Luke!

That should have been it. Big battles between Jedi and Sith? Not so much - see the legend of Luke! Done and dusted. Over for centuries at least.

Basically, as much as I despise Jar Jar and the terrible romance writing eg: "Oh Ani - take us back to Naboo where there was nothing but our love." (blarrgh!) - at least it added to the Lore.

Rey's trilogy defies the lore, spits on it even. Did Luke and his father fulfil the prophecy to bring balance to the force? Yeah - for about 5 minutes. Then there's Snoak.

Was the evil empire destroyed? Yeah - for about 5 minutes. Then we had the First Order back again.

Is this realistic? Germany fell into fascism and trashed the European continent in total war - and afterwards Europe thought "That was bad, let's unite with the rest of Europe politically (not militarily) and get rich together!" Now the EU is almost (but not quite) a country. They're a Confederation of Federations.

As if people would get behind an empire-like thing again so soon!

But you know what? I love other Disney Star Wars. Rogue One is probably my favourite Star Wars yet - so desperate - and those single-reactor shots remind me of the dinosaur killer asteroid.
That military droid that said "There's a problem with the horizon!"
"What is it?"
"There is none!"
Wow - what a scene. A whole planet blowing up is too big and abstract for the human mind to understand - but those single reactor shots were amazing!

And I'm just loving the tough-guy meets baby team of Mandalorian. It's made Star Wars cool again - and it's not an epic battle to save the whole galaxy from a whole empire. It's more like Firefly in the Star Wars universe.

Suddenly we have a real western-in-space, a dude who brings down other bad dues - and just wants more bling on his armour. So good!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟145,772.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I haven't seen the Mandalorian, but yeah, Rogue One was pretty good. I'll give Disney that. Apparently Kathleen Kennedy had little to do with it.... Sounds like a winning strategy.
Cool!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jamiec

Aug 2, 2020
Scotland
✟44,579.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I liked Rogue One, after it got properly going; and Solo, even better.

I thought Revenge of the Sith was the best of the 8 (sequel trilogy ? What sequel trilogy ? Those three films made Vader/Anakin's arc, & Luke's, all but meaningless).

The Mandalorian/Grogu I know nothing of.

Reactions: eclipsenow
Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟145,772.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I hear you! Rey's trilogy undid the prophecy about Vader / Luke bringing balance to the force, nerfed Luke as "Super-Rey" comes charging in to dwarf anything Luke ever did, and so many other crimes. The Rey trilogy is simply some of the worst character writing and most inconsistent world-building I've ever come across in Science Fiction. It simply wasn't Star Wars - and they just didn't 'get' the Jedi. (As George Lucas's ex-wife and editor said.)

• Agree
Reactions: jamiec
Upvote 0

jamiec

Aug 2, 2020
Scotland
✟44,579.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I hear you! Rey's trilogy undid the prophecy about Vader / Luke bringing balance to the force, nerfed Luke as "Super-Rey" comes charging in to dwarf anything Luke ever did, and so many other crimes. The Rey trilogy is simply some of the worst character writing and most inconsistent world-building I've ever come across in Science Fiction. It simply wasn't Star Wars - and they just didn't 'get' the Jedi. (As George Lucas's ex-wife and editor said.)
I thought that Rey as a character was an attractive human being - but as a character in the events of the films; no. She would have been more credible, IMO, if her dazzling array of abilities had (1) been fewer; and, if (2) her character had been built up and fleshed out rather more - as Luke's had been. She is too much of an unknown quantity with many & inexplicable powers, & although TROS sort of explains matters, it should have managed the explanation better. The trilogy should have been planned in painstaking detail, with the care that Tolkien spent on LOTR. But it was not planned.

Reactions: eclipsenow
Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟145,772.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
She is a complete Mary Sue.

If you're not intimidated by some bad language, the Critical Drinker is brilliant. (He's a successful author that analyses movies.)

But warning - he's Scottish, he's angry, and he's probably had some Lagavulin. He can't help it!

Upvote 0

jamiec

Aug 2, 2020
Scotland
✟44,579.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
She is a complete Mary Sue.

If you're not intimidated by some bad language, the Critical Drinker is brilliant. (He's a successful author that analyses movies.)

But warning - he's Scottish, he's angry, and he's probably had some Lagavulin. He can't help it!

Drinker is always funny, and sometimes not even drinky. I often wonder what he drinks. I think he is from Glasgow, but that’s a guess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟145,772.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Drinker is always funny, and sometimes not even drinky. I often wonder what he drinks. I think he is from Glasgow, but that’s a guess.
Whisky - starting at the floral end, and ending on the smokier peaty end.
Lagavulin - which I've heard Australians describe as "A bushfire in a glass."
Being a Christian I'm sort of conservative in my drinking - especially compared to some of my Australian mates - let alone some of the 'adventures' I saw when I was in the Australian army! The phrase - "Oh the humanity!" comes to mind.

It took belonging to an Anglican church to finally introduce me to the wondrous flavours of Whisky. I'm only good for 3 or at the most 4 shots of Whisky in a whole evening - and that's if I'm not driving.

Reactions: jamiec
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟495,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
That's kind of funny.

In all seriousness though, I kind of liked the prequels. All of the hate for them broke Lucas mentally, I think. So he sold it to Disney, who made the series even worse. People got what they deserved for hating on Lucas :p

I liked the prequels, especially where Ian McDiarmid did his delightfully hammy performance as Emperor Palpatine.

• Agree
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
14b672039a25463f71bd849257198f58.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

PaulCanPat

Apr 17, 2022
Toronto
✟10,650.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't seen the Mandalorian...

The Mandalorian and any stories about Mandalorians are romantic puff pieces. The actor who was the Mandalorian said he got a headache from wearing that helmet all the time. You know what? it would give anyone headaches. It's not practical! Ever!

Upvote 0

JohnPaul88

A Soldier In God Army.
Dec 18, 2021
Trenton
✟38,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've been watching Star Wars Fan You-tube V logger video the last year or two. First time, I've heard some of that stuff, it does make sense given some Fan theories especially the one that Jar Jar was a secret Sith Lord....

But from what I heard Jar Jar later character was inspired by Walt Disney's, Goofy. The big ears especially.

But I can see why the Sith theory came about. People were reading a lot into Jar Jar's large leaps etc. because that is a Jedi power, but quite often in fiction especially TV and movies, characters get changed as far as appearance and identity, but what they can do in the script stays functionally unchanged even if it doesn't make sense, strains credibility, or gives other intended messages like a character is a Sith Lord.

I'm a big Star Wars fan myself.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0