• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My OCD makes prayers to God that I really don't want answered. Im scared God will answer them.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟152,826.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But would God answer my OCD's prayers?
Ignore such questions in your head. It was already answered in your previous thread, but the OCD will bring it again as a stuck soundtrack. Therefore, no answer is relevant.

Treat your OCD. Get rid of it.

Are you on a plant-based diet, by any chance?

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,937,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
But would God answer my OCD's prayers?
Hello Harley, fortunately, God knows what is OCD influenced and what is not, because (unlike us) He knows our hearts (better than we could ever hope to ourselves .. cf Psalm 139).

The other thing is this, God always knows and wants the very best for you, so you needn't worry that He will say yes to one of your OCD prayers (or to one of your non-OCD prayers, for that matter) if He knows that what you are asking Him to do or to provide you with will not be a blessing/benefit to you :amen:

Praying for you!

God bless you!!

--David
p.s. - in regard to God answering our prayers, verses/passages like these are important to understand and remember .. Psalm 37:4; 1 John 3:21-22; 1 John 5:14.

1 John 5
14 This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
15 And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0