My name is Jorem Eseru from Uganda -East Africa.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would like to understand more about our Lords prayer. As christians is it relevant to memeories this words
Hello Jorem, welcome to the forums, brother. The Lord's Prayer is also known as the Our Father or the Pater Noster in Latin, and it is a prayer that Jesus taught to his disciples when they asked him how to pray (Matthew 6:9-15). Here's a breakdown of the different parts of the Lord's Prayer and their significance:

1. "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name." This part acknowledges God as our Creator and sustainer, and it expresses reverence for His holy name.

2. "Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." This part asks that God's reign and rule extend to our lives and the world around us. It also expresses a desire for God's will to be done in our lives and in the world.

3. "Give us this day our daily bread." This part asks for God's provision for our physical needs, recognizing that He is the source of all good things.

4. "And forgive us of our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us." This part acknowledges our need for God's forgiveness and expresses a willingness to forgive others. It recognizes that our relationship with God is connected to our relationships with others.

5. "Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil." This part asks for protection from the temptations and sins that can lead us away from God. It recognizes that we are not in control of our own destiny, but that God is the one who guides and protects us.

6. "For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and forever. Amen". The ending shows how we recognize God as sovereign.

As for your question about memorization, the Lord's Prayer is a powerful prayer that has been used by Christians for centuries as a model for prayer and a means of deepening our relationship with God. Memorizing the Lord's Prayer can help us to pray more intentionally and with greater focus, as well as to recall it in times of need or during worship services. The decision to memorize the Lord's Prayer is a personal one, and there is no right or wrong answer. I hope this breakdown helps clarify things for you, Jorem. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask fellow CF members here.

Upvote 0

ESJ

Apr 9, 2024
East Africa
✟1,736.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello Jorem, welcome to the forums, brother. The Lord's Prayer is also known as the Our Father or the Pater Noster in Latin, and it is a prayer that Jesus taught to his disciples when they asked him how to pray (Matthew 6:9-15). Here's a breakdown of the different parts of the Lord's Prayer and their significance:

1. "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name." This part acknowledges God as our Creator and sustainer, and it expresses reverence for His holy name.

2. "Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." This part asks that God's reign and rule extend to our lives and the world around us. It also expresses a desire for God's will to be done in our lives and in the world.

3. "Give us this day our daily bread." This part asks for God's provision for our physical needs, recognizing that He is the source of all good things.

4. "And forgive us of our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us." This part acknowledges our need for God's forgiveness and expresses a willingness to forgive others. It recognizes that our relationship with God is connected to our relationships with others.

5. "Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil." This part asks for protection from the temptations and sins that can lead us away from God. It recognizes that we are not in control of our own destiny, but that God is the one who guides and protects us.

6. "For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and forever. Amen". The ending shows how we recognize God as sovereign.

As for your question about memorization, the Lord's Prayer is a powerful prayer that has been used by Christians for centuries as a model for prayer and a means of deepening our relationship with God. Memorizing the Lord's Prayer can help us to pray more intentionally and with greater focus, as well as to recall it in times of need or during worship services. The decision to memorize the Lord's Prayer is a personal one, and there is no right or wrong answer. I hope this breakdown helps clarify things for you, Jorem. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask fellow CF members here.
I am writing to express my sincere appreciation for your message. Your spiritual support has helped me to prepare a sermon on (Matthew 6:9-15) on Sunday 14/4/2024 and i will share with you some of the slides.

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟67,157.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am writing to express my sincere appreciation for your message. Your spiritual support has helped me to prepare a sermon on (Matthew 6:9-15) on Sunday 14/4/2024 and i will share with you some of the slides.
Thank you so much. I am trying to help folks. When your sermon is ready, show me the slides brother. :)

I am not a theologian, but feel honored to help people understand Christianity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ESJ

Apr 9, 2024
East Africa
✟1,736.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF. Is your first language English or African local tongue?
Uganda is a multilingual country with over 70 generally estimated languages spoken. 43 of its living languages fall into four main families—Bantu, Nilotic, Central Sudanic and Kuliak. Of these, 41 are indigenous and 2 are non-indigenous. Due to many languages, the government adopted English as a national language.
For any information, feel free to contact me. Have a blessed night (8:08PM EAT)

Upvote 0

ESJ

Apr 9, 2024
East Africa
✟1,736.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF.
--
I was in Uganda..years ago..
- short trip
---
More of His grace to you..

Blessings,
That's wonderful. Uganda remains famous as the Pearl of Africa and hospitable to visitors. Uganda's Culture also attracts tourists with over 50 tribes flourish in land and being a home of the Africa Big Five such as the Lions, Leopards, Rhino, Buffaloes and Elephants and of all it boosts with the unique tree climbing lions. I will be glad to receive you at Entebbe International Airport. God bless you

Upvote 0