• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My Aspergers Syndrome is a good thing

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="Lazershow1, =============================
Hello
I noticed the Aspergers forum here last week and thought that i would try and share some of the reasons i believe Aspergers syndrome to be a good thing and not negative like some people believe. I was diagnosed with aspergers at a young age after i was misdiagnosed with ADHD. At the time i thought it meant i was less than other people and nothing but a weirdo and a freak, but that was not true. I have come to realize that its a good thing as it has helped me a lot through my life.

Because of Aspergers i got to meet some of my all time best friends in my special ed class. I also stayed out of trouble for the most part and my family never had to worry about where i was at night. Since i loved reading and reading was one of my special interests i ended up getting high grades in English all through school, although the same can not be said for math. Overall i just that i'm happy to have aspergers as it has made me who i am and i wouldn't want to change a singe thing about me.
======================================[/QUOTE

At first thought I was going to ask what if God wants some change, but then noticed the label 'atheist'.... so nvm.....

Later if that changes, holler!

Upvote 0

jonrgrover

Mar 19, 2018
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
✟15,972.00
Country
American Samoa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every person with ASD is unique. Each of us as a unique constellation of strengths and weaknesses. I liked your statement "Point is there are benefits to learning more about yourself and from that learning knowing and LOVING God, His son, and the Holy Ghost that resides in us all." Continuing from this point, I think that God has created each of us for something. Since we are unique, part of our duty is to ask that God reveal to us our strengths and weaknesses. He can help us learn more about ourselves. Because we are unique, we have to do this. That is part of doing what God is asking us to do and therefore part of being obedient to him.

Reactions: BookofMatt
Upvote 0