Visit site
✟453,360.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
A few years ago I wrote the book/ebook "An Uncensored Guide to the Christmas Stories" and then I made an Android memory game based on it.

An Uncensored Guide to the Christmas Stories

The Google Play listing: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uncensoredchristmas

tablet-hires.jpg

There are two quite distinct Christmas stories - the Matthew version (Kings, Wise Men and Dreams) and Luke (Priests, Angels and Shepherds). In the game you can choose the version and it affects the title music, the card backs and the cards. Each card pair also has its own sound effect though sound and music can be turned off in the main menu.
main-menu.png

Luke begins in censored mode but you can click on the "censored" label to uncensor it.

For each version (Matthew or Luke) and difficulty it stores your results (accuracy and time) and shows it as a graph. The floating hand shows the game the text is referring to.
history-graph.png

It also includes the ebook including popups of Bible passages when you click on the verse links.

Last edited:

JohnClay

Married Mouth-Breather
Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟453,360.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I've made a tweaked version of the app that is more suitable for kids. I've removed pictures of circumcision and headless doves from the game and ebook.

The new game:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.guide4christmas

Gameplay footage:

I lost the final source code so it no longer has the end of game graphs... but that means that you can see the detailed drawings that I had made.

BTW practically all of the other Christmas memory games just involve Santa, etc.

Upvote 0

JohnClay

Married Mouth-Breather
Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟453,360.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
This might be about the only dedicated Bible based Christmas memory game.... it seems all of the other search results involve Santa and a white Christmas. Or they involve many other Bible stories as well.

BTW here are the background pictures that I had commissioned that I didn't end up using for the book - but they're used in the app...

Luke - the scene is lit by a lamp

luke-background.jpg

Matthew - at least a year later than the events in Luke - there is a star above a house

matthew-background-wide.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0