Ms.Garnet has a rant !

Ms.Garnet

Apr 13, 2005
✟16,516.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can I rant just a little? I mentioned in an earlier post that the former pastor (who was here since Noah) lives very nearby & it hinders our effectiveness in ministry here. I am not jealous nor angry at him - just frustrated that our folks will always consider him the pastor & my DH as the preacher. Yesterday in Sun. Sch. a lady had to let me know how much she enjoyed talking with Pastor_________. I wanted to say "I thought my husband was your pastor now"- well - I know it is trivial and unkind of me to be miffed about it - but it bothered me & I needed to bark a little - woof woof - and now I will say another prayer for forgiveness, a better attitude & that maybe someday my DH will be accepted as the "pastor" .

Valentine

Legend
Feb 22, 2005
Virginia
✟39,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
:thumbsup: I fully understand. It is difficult to stand on the sidelines when your husband (and love of your life) is being "put down" so to speak. I admire the courage you have to bite your tongue and hold back your anger and hurt. Unfortunately, people are just not always thoughtful and kind. I'm sure that your husband will be considered their beloved pastor, but it may take a little more time. May God bless you always. :hug:

Upvote 0

chitti

Jun 29, 2006
✟7,626.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ms.Garnet said:
Can I rant just a little? I mentioned in an earlier post that the former pastor (who was here since Noah) lives very nearby & it hinders our effectiveness in ministry here. I am not jealous nor angry at him - just frustrated that our folks will always consider him the pastor & my DH as the preacher. Yesterday in Sun. Sch. a lady had to let me know how much she enjoyed talking with Pastor_________. I wanted to say "I thought my husband was your pastor now"- well - I know it is trivial and unkind of me to be miffed about it - but it bothered me & I needed to bark a little - woof woof - and now I will say another prayer for forgiveness, a better attitude & that maybe someday my DH will be accepted as the "pastor" .
Why God is existing in Trinity - three persons?
Does it have some perpose.
Blessed trinity.

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ms.Garnet said:

I know what it's like to have people make rude and insensitive comments. I was shocked when one lady, who had left one of our churches a few years earlier because she was upset about some building renovations we were doing, and who intentionally avoids going to any church where she knows my husband will be preaching (we have three churches), showed up one day at church when we were there.

Then I realized that she had come for the express purpose of lecturing my husband about how horrible he was and how she didn't even consider him a pastor because she thought that he hadn't taken her concerns seriously at the time of the renovation project (which had been about four years earlier). She said all of these things in the sanctuary just before communion started while our children and I were sitting right there.

Fortunately, not many other people were there yet. I bit my tongue and tried really hard to act normal, but after she was finished and left the building, I started to cry and left the sanctuary so that our kids wouldn't see me so upset over something like that. (They were playing quietly with puzzles, and I don't know how much they heard.) I just couldn't believe that anyone could be so hateful and hold a grudge for so long over something so trivial. And I couldn't believe how disrespectful she had been to attack my husband in front of me and our children.

I have struggled since then with anger toward her, and I am glad that I don't have to see her often. (She ignores me when I do run into her.) I fear that I would be tempted to say something that I would regret later because I want to defend my husband. If someone criticizes me, I feel hurt for a while, but I get over it. However, if someone attacks my husband or my children, I want to go into battle. I especially worry when this woman helps with children's programs that our children attend because I am not sure how she will treat them, and I have stayed pretty close to them on such occasions.

People often get upset about silly things, and I often pray for forgiveness, and I try to treat them all with kindness despite how I feel. This situation severely tested me, though, and I didn't have anyone to talk to about it other than my husband. Even now I am very thankful that I do not have to see this woman often.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I understand your need to rant. We all have those times. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Reactions: Valentine
Upvote 0

Ms.Garnet

Apr 13, 2005
✟16,516.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Heart & Sophia ! I felt like I was given 2 big hugs! Thanks for understanding! Heart I love your pool ! It looks so cool & relaxing. Sophia - I am so sorry for your experience. I have had more than 1 of those experiences myself. I have come to realize the person usually has a problem deeper than what they are barking about. We had a lady that used to call my poor husband weekly and raise cane - she was very awful - I recorded her a couple of times - I didn't think anyone would believe us if we told them. Then I have to confess - I was still pretty young & pretty hot headed & I didn't bite my tounge one day when I just had heard all I wanted - I am afraid I let her have it --I am not at all proud of that & I know I only made the devil very proud that he got me in the mud with her. I admire you so very much for holding your tongue. I have never gone off on anyone like that again, but once was enough to make me realize who got the victory -the devil. We had a more recent experience - a deacon of all people(the money person in the community) -started a stink about my husband & I honestly don't even remember what he was saying about him --but things got pretty heated with half the church behind the deacon and the other half speaking out in support of my husband. When all was said and done it came to our attention that he was mad because my husband did not drive 25 miles to see his mother who was in a private home with severe alzhimers - didn't have a clue we were there & the caregiver didn't even stay in the room when we came to visit - but we didn't visit her enough he said & when she died he blew up at my husband & started the mess at church. Then it came to light that he was having an affair with his secretary at his business / she was also our church clerk - he divorced his wife of 42 yrs. for the secretary. I really think that he was making a big stink over my DH to deflect from his own affair with the church clerk. I hope this lady who has offended & hurt you will find peace with her anger. I will pray for you & your DH.

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ms.Garnet said:
Thanks Heart & Sophia ! I felt like I was given 2 big hugs! Thanks for understanding! Heart I love your pool ! It looks so cool & relaxing. Sophia - I am so sorry for your experience. I have had more than 1 of those experiences myself. I have come to realize the person usually has a problem deeper than what they are barking about. We had a lady that used to call my poor husband weekly and raise cane - she was very awful - I recorded her a couple of times - I didn't think anyone would believe us if we told them. Then I have to confess - I was still pretty young & pretty hot headed & I didn't bite my tounge one day when I just had heard all I wanted - I am afraid I let her have it --I am not at all proud of that & I know I only made the devil very proud that he got me in the mud with her. I admire you so very much for holding your tongue. I have never gone off on anyone like that again, but once was enough to make me realize who got the victory -the devil. We had a more recent experience - a deacon of all people(the money person in the community) -started a stink about my husband & I honestly don't even remember what he was saying about him --but things got pretty heated with half the church behind the deacon and the other half speaking out in support of my husband. When all was said and done it came to our attention that he was mad because my husband did not drive 25 miles to see his mother who was in a private home with severe alzhimers - didn't have a clue we were there & the caregiver didn't even stay in the room when we came to visit - but we didn't visit her enough he said & when she died he blew up at my husband & started the mess at church. Then it came to light that he was having an affair with his secretary at his business / she was also our church clerk - he divorced his wife of 42 yrs. for the secretary. I really think that he was making a big stink over my DH to deflect from his own affair with the church clerk. I hope this lady who has offended & hurt you will find peace with her anger. I will pray for you & your DH.

Thank you. I think you're right; most of the time people who do these kinds of things have much bigger underlying problems. Our husbands are convenient scapegoats.

We have had a few experiences with people getting upset with my husband for not visiting their loved ones at the hospital or nursing home. Many times when he goes to visit, the person is sleeping or not mentally all there. Once when he visited a guy at the hospital, the guy was confused and thought that my husband was the mayor of some little town around here, and he told his wife that the pastor hadn't come to visit him. Usually, to avoid that sort of misunderstanding, he leaves a business card in a prominent place in the room, so the relatives will find it there.

Upvote 0