Mr Beast Youtuber who does good deeds and is despised for it.

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟687,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Transhumanism is well on the way and I'm very disturbed by my thoughts but maybe it's still beyond my time and I won't have to worry about it, but it still bothers me a lot because I can't make sense of any of it and the life I thought I once knew is quickly disappearing as we enter into a life that I can't make any sense of.
Great post. Yes, it's scary how little we have advanced on a human level. What you call "Human Technology." The only semi-positive point I can make is from the part of your post I quoted. I'm sure that prior generations have felt the same way. As technology changes through our lives, eventually everyone becomes a bit dauted. Things that we based our reality on are thrown by the wayside. I think the hope lies in focusing on the truths that never change and pray the next generation will be able to muddle through the technology changes just as we did.

For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. ”“ Romans 8:38-39

• Agree
Reactions: seeker2122
Upvote 0

R.Weeks79

Nov 17, 2023
Indianapolis
✟13,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am a youtuber myself but not full-time. I do make small amounts of money on youtube. I am by no means a professional
or talented in anything. I just mostly experiment and make videos about random things I'm interested in and see if I can make
any videos go viral or find out what niches I might be good at and enjoy doing. I'm actually very curious and shocked at this medium still.

Even though youtube has been around a long time now, people still dont seem to realize that you can seriously make a living just posting content. The problem of course multi-fold: a) you need to have some acumen at making content. Whether it be speaking, writing, editing, shooting videos, audio quality, lighting, etc., b) you need to be comfortable putting yourself out there like showing your face or connecting with your audience so that they feel like they know you personally, c) you need to also be consistent and persistent uploading content all the time and working on it does take a lot of time and energy, d) you need to genuine like what you are doing otherwise it'll be painstaking process.

It's crazy how young teens or non-college graduates can simply upload content on tiktok or yt or other social media now and some of them earn up to 10K a month, 50K, even 100K+ a month just for having a lot of silly fun, but knowing how to make good content that people want to watch.
Meanwhile they don't really contribute much to the planet, but you have doctors, physicists, scientists spend 20 years studying, 150k in student loan debt for tuition, work 70 hours a week and still only make 90k or 120k a year while your average teenage tiktoker can make 90k in a month just having fun (again, you have to be good/talented at having fun).

I know this is just free market capitalism at it's best....there is no rhyme or reason and no justice in capitalism. It only cares about what makes money. So whether it is a sin or not, there is a very clear and disturbing misallocation of rewards right now where onlyfans girls can make $100K a month showing off their youth and beauty (literally like an online prostitute since their bodies is the main selling tool) but a life-saving doctor has to work 100x times harder just and still won't be rewarded as much as a 19 year old social media prankster. Something is seriously wrong with this system and it will eventually be fixed but right now, it's the wild wild west of online content creators who are encouraged to keep doing this because they positively reinforce this behavior by paying them so much money ....more than you could ever thought possible so easily doing things that don't have much contribution to the world other than just entertainment, pleasure, and funneling traffic for advertisers.

How does this relate to Jesus and the life of Christians? This is the new realm we are just starting to grasp and having to struggle to understand and make sense of.

I'm in the middle of this struggle and it's incredibly intense right now so much so that I am having mental health problems trying to grasp and understand what the heck is going on with this world and where are we going in relation to all this while being Christians.

AI is changing everything as well and Neural link is right on the doorsteps too. If you don't know about neural link, it's basically going to put chips in everyone's brains so that we can compete with true AI as we'll be able to communicate with thoughts which is faster than words and writing. Neural link will also allow us to learn at speeds as fast just simply downloading knowledge like the matrix. We really are not prepared for what is about to come and life is going to change so drastically it questions Christianity and how it also needs to adapt to face the ever changing circumstances and world we live in.

Spreading the gospel will still occur but on a different playing field....you'll have thought advertisements and thought battles, the battle for people's minds, the idea that everyone will know everything at every moment simultaneously but knowing facts about Jesus is not the same as having a relationship with him. Will physical churches even exist because it may go all digital or neural.
I mean know disrespect but I started to fade out your responce was to long lol but I got the gist. It is why I like Mr. Beast, he does what he does but he is not doing it to just make money, the money he makes he uses to help people. Its more than most of theses social media idiots do lol.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,489,550.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I mean know disrespect but I started to fade out your responce was to long lol but I got the gist. It is why I like Mr. Beast, he does what he does but he is not doing it to just make money, the money he makes he uses to help people. Its more than most of theses social media idiots do lol.
I'll have to think about how Mr. Beast may be like Zacchaeus.

Upvote 0

seeker2122

Sep 29, 2022
Sarasota
✟38,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I would agree and disagree. He's sort of on the fence. He does help "some" people but not all. Of course, he has to run like a business. He has to do things in such a way so that he's going to get something out of it too (more views, more attention, more subscribers). If he was truly all in, he would give without having to make videos and upload content. Do it secretly when no one is looking. All these people are doing it out in the open to bring attention to themselves so ultimately, even his good intentions are short of God's glory. He might be a private Christian but it's too bad he doesn't actually use his platform and status to spread the gospel and love of Christ publicly to bring glory to God. So ultimately, he's just like the rest of them.

Upvote 0