Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, to make a long story short I was doing some prep work to help a separated brother in Christ do battle in a forum that advocates evolution and generally slams Christianity - by chance I stumbled upon a video about creation whereas a "monk" starts listing some pretty solid evidence that evolution is simply another religion that's in ruins. I felt the video was direct on the points and frankly thought it was very good. I posted it in the SDA discussion and debate area where I have been defending the faith.

The next day I went to the website from youtube and to my horror realized that while they look like Catholics they claim the last two Popes were heretics - they certainly seem very serious in their belief and seem more then willing to debate their view with anyone.

Has anyone here experienced anything related to these folks and does anyone know of some material from the Church that refutes what they are saying? Normally I'm pretty good at smelling a rat ( and I'm not saying yet that these Diamond Bro's are rats ) however I found myself "sucked in" slightly as their video on creation was very good in my view.

Thanks,

pythons.

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, to make a long story short I was doing some prep work to help a separated brother in Christ do battle in a forum that advocates evolution and generally slams Christianity - by chance I stumbled upon a video about creation whereas a "monk" starts listing some pretty solid evidence that evolution is simply another religion that's in ruins. I felt the video was direct on the points and frankly thought it was very good. I posted it in the SDA discussion and debate area where I have been defending the faith.

The next day I went to the website from youtube and to my horror realized that while they look like Catholics they claim the last two Popes were heretics - they certainly seem very serious in their belief and seem more then willing to debate their view with anyone.

Has anyone here experienced anything related to these folks and does anyone know of some material from the Church that refutes what they are saying? Normally I'm pretty good at smelling a rat ( and I'm not saying yet that these Diamond Bro's are rats ) however I found myself "sucked in" slightly as their video on creation was very good in my view.

Thanks,

pythons.

That happens a lot.

They are Sede Vacantists.

Very insideous stuff. Don't buy any of it. It all hinges on irrational conspiracy theory.

Sedevacantism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
WikiAnswers - What divisions are in the Catholic religion

Upvote 0

Alfonso

Memento Mori
Jun 7, 2009
✟7,612.00
Faith
Catholic

Thanks,

pythons.

Their position is correct.

I am a sede-vacantist, and any Catholic that prays for the grace to see what has truly happened to Church will be a "sede-vacantist" as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Their position is correct.

I am a sede-vacantist, and any Catholic that prays for the grace to see what has truly happened to Church will be a "sede-vacantist" as well.

Ummm no. Any Catholic that prays to see the truth about the Catholic Church will be shown that the Catholic Church led by Pope Benedict XVI is the one true Church, not the sedevacantist heresy.

Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
After thinking long and hard about this issue I'm left with the understanding that there are many issues that are determined by the Church that leave a bad taste with some people.

If we attempt ( as individuals ) to systemize the Christian Faith and break away we are no different then the 1st Christians who listened to the determination of the council of Jerusalem ( Acts 15 ) and opted out of following the teaching of the Apostles.

MHFM has some solid teachings but they are in grave error in rejecting the Pope. It would be like an American not paying his Federal Income tax because they believe the C-N-C is not a valid president.

Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello, i just came accross these people. What do they mean by anti-popes and regular popes?

Unfortunately MHFM have lost their marbles - it's a shame because some of their material is good...
...It's my understanding that they have left the Church and are operating on their own.

Upvote 0

RomanRite

Roman Catholic - FSSP
Jun 2, 2012
✟15,922.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Thanks,

pythons.

Stay away from that misleadig group, they are not Catholics since they are not in communion with the Pope. The Diamond Brothers make the Vatican 2 council look bad and believe the tradition Latin mass in the only valid mass in the Catholic Church which Is false because it leaves all the ancient Catholic and eastern catholic traditions out.

God Bless You

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hello, i just came accross these people. What do they mean by anti-popes and regular popes?
an anti-pope is someone who claims to be pope but is not
these groups think that all of the popes since the second vatican council are not true popes and that would make them anti-popes

Upvote 0

RomanRite

Roman Catholic - FSSP
Jun 2, 2012
✟15,922.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I lately examined a video tape that was focused on creationism and provided supporing evidence of it against evolution.

The video was made by The Most Holy Family Monastery in New York state.

When I travelled to their website, I was alarmed!

Catholic Church

We truly need to formulate an strike, and address an apologia against this organizaion.

I wonder how many more nuts like these are out there bobbing about!

There's lots of sedevacantists

Upvote 0