US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm certainly old enough to have a baby. I'm 27 going on 28 in a few months. And sometimes I'm excited and ready to see the baby. Sometimes my SO says stupid things and then I regret my pregnancy. But even without that I feel like I don't think I was ever meant to have children.

I'm not a people person really. I have nearly only child syndrome and I like being left alone to think and live my life. I feel like I'm way too selfish for kids. I was so close to getting on birth control 5 years no pregnancy them God had enough and I was given this baby.

I don't want to be a bad parent but my feelings are already somewhat of dread like my whole life is ruined and I can never live the independent life I wanted.y life has always been terrible and the one joy I e always had was this idea that one day I'd escape everyone and everything and just disappear and not deal with other people.

I frequently joke about wanting my own private island away from everyone.

Sometimes I think if women like Kim K. And trashy women can have kids and still have a life so can I.

Idk... Also don't talk about abortion or adoption. Both depress me. I feel like adoption is really advocated and pushed on people just as much as abortion and it's still not a happy situation for the one who gives up the baby. I have all these thoughts going through my brain...

I won't be hot anymore after having a kid, I won't be as valuable as women without kids and I'm not anymore now that I'm pregnant, all my time will be taken up, I can't do what I want with my life, the kid will be more important than my own life... The list goes on.

But then I think about how cute the baby will be and I'm happy.

I wish I didn't feel so conflicted like I fully wanted to be a mom. I know a single mother that has absolutely no chance of having a father and I just think wow I have a SO rn at least to help I couldn't be u. Even so she's so happy and all she wanted was to care for the baby. Me I just want to be young and have my whole life ahead of me. I can't help but feel like a failure.

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
so were you looking to have kids or was this an oopsey?

I wasn't looking to have kids but I wasn't not trying not to have kids. I was kind of complacent. I just figured there was something wrong and I couldn't get pregnant cause it took 5 years. And when I was about to get in birth control found out I was pregnant. Fully my fault so I shouldn't be sad.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I wasn't looking to have kids but I wasn't not trying not to have kids. I was kind of complacent. I just figured there was something wrong and I couldn't get pregnant cause it took 5 years. And when I was about to get in birth control found out I was pregnant. Fully my fault so I shouldn't be sad.
so when you were sexually active were you trying to get pregnant or avoid it?

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every woman is different , but a lot of first time moms have similar mixed feelings. Only you know yourself, if you think you can't handle it or are angry or resentful when the baby comes; then talk with your doctor; not about adoption but about how to handle this and be the best parent you can be. Your hormones are going crazy now and they will after you have the baby as well, while you try to recover, and adapt with little sleep and the baby needs you for everything. Having a newborn can be stressful even for the most prepared mom with a happy , loving, and secure relationship. It can't hurt to attend a baby care class at your delivering hospital (many are offered for free); it can help you feel more secure and confident. Or even attend a le leche meeting (even if you don't plan to breastfeed). You can make connections or get some support from moms that have been there or who are feeling the same as you.

Upvote 0

BioLeap

The Linchpin
May 27, 2019
Queensland
✟8,954.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm certainly old enough to have a baby. I'm 27 going on 28 in a few months. And sometimes I'm excited and ready to see the baby. Sometimes my SO says stupid things and then I regret my pregnancy. But even without that I feel like I don't think I was ever meant to have children.

I'm not a people person really. I have nearly only child syndrome and I like being left alone to think and live my life. I feel like I'm way too selfish for kids. I was so close to getting on birth control 5 years no pregnancy them God had enough and I was given this baby.

I don't want to be a bad parent but my feelings are already somewhat of dread like my whole life is ruined and I can never live the independent life I wanted.y life has always been terrible and the one joy I e always had was this idea that one day I'd escape everyone and everything and just disappear and not deal with other people.

Sometimes I think if women like Kim K. And trashy women can have kids and still have a life so can I.

Idk... Also don't talk about abortion or adoption. Both depress me. I feel like adoption is really advocated and pushed on people just as much as abortion and it's still not a happy situation for the one who gives up the baby. I have all these thoughts going through my brain...

I won't be hot anymore after having a kid, I won't be as valuable as women without kids and I'm not anymore now that I'm pregnant, all my time will be taken up, I can't do what I want with my life, the kid will be more important than my own life... The list goes on.

I wish I didn't feel so conflicted like I fully wanted to be a mom. I know a single mother that has absolutely no chance of having a father and I just think wow I have a SO rn at least to help I couldn't be u. Even so she's so happy and all she wanted was to care for the baby. Me I just want to be young and have my whole life ahead of me. I can't help but feel like a failure.
When my ex-girlfriend was pregnant with our child, she looked more attractive to me at the time. But that was a long time ago, and it was a past that was doomed to fail.

You really got to not believe thing's about your current situation that you can't actually substantiate, it'll get you nowhere (And a sore head)

Upvote 0

Mel333

May 27, 2019
Brisbane
✟34,753.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think you'll be a great mother and you'll learn as you go.

You are very lucky. Just take care of yourself and your body with exercising and eating well.

Upvote 0