May 23, 2005
✟102,819.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Sometimes I wonder why tourists can't behave in other people's country. Blocking the road and even pulling on people's hair and clothes. What kind of human are they?

And now Japan is getting fed up and placing restrictions here and there. Genuine tourists like myself will find it harder to enjoy places on interest all because of some uncultured and ill-breed waste of a soul can't act like a decent human. People's country is not a theme park. The people are not employees to cater to your every needs. Sometimes I feel Japan should embrace back some of their savage warrior attitudes. Being non-confrontational and polite do not get you anywhere with these tourists. They should act more like the Thais in the below video.

Tourists like these in the news must be only allowed to go places where the society is unruly as themselves just to give them a taste of their own medicine. Places like Haiti, Sudan or Somalia where you can go in but there is no guarantee you can get out. Let them pull the hair and clothes of the local and stand in the middle of the road there.

• Wow
Reactions: AlexB23

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Sometimes I wonder why tourists can't behave in other people's country. Blocking the road and even pulling on people's hair and clothes. What kind of human are they?

And now Japan is getting fed up and placing restrictions here and there. Genuine tourists like myself will find it harder to enjoy places on interest all because of some uncultured and ill-breed waste of a soul can't act like a decent human. People's country is not a theme park. The people are not employees to cater to your every needs. Sometimes I feel Japan should embrace back some of their savage warrior attitudes. Being non-confrontational and polite do not get you anywhere with these tourists. They should act more like the Thais in the below video.

Tourists like these in the news must be only allowed to go places where the society is unruly as themselves just to give them a taste of their own medicine. Places like Haiti, Sudan or Somalia where you can go in but there is no guarantee you can get out. Let them pull the hair and clothes of the local and stand in the middle of the road there.
Remember this from a few years ago? A tourist kicked a 10,000 year old stalagmite in a cave: Tourist kicks over 10,000-year-old stalagmite in China cave -- in seconds

And a German tourist damaged a statue: German tourist damages Florence fountain for a photo – DW – 09/05/2023

No wonder why a lot of countries are fed up with tourism.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟102,819.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Remember this from a few years ago? A tourist kicked a 10,000 year old stalagmite in a cave: Tourist kicks over 10,000-year-old stalagmite in China cave -- in seconds

And a German tourist damaged a statue: German tourist damages Florence fountain for a photo – DW – 09/05/2023

That's just sad. And makes me angry all at the same time. The level of self entitlement in some tourists are beyond comprehension.

I haven't been to Florence yet and now I will always have this knowledge that the statue was vandalized before what I might be seeing is a repaired version.

• Agree
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's just sad. And makes me angry all at the same time. The level of self entitlement in some tourists are beyond comprehension.

I haven't been to Florence yet and now I will always have this knowledge that the statue was vandalized before what I might be seeing is a repaired version.
It does make me sad and angry. Why do people betray each other? Yes, the statue was made by an artist a long time ago, but destroying his/her work is betrayal, and shows disrespect for the monument, and the artist. :(

I don't wanna talk about this much, but seeing people vandalizing things make me livid. We should pray for the perps that they do not do this anymore.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟323,597.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Decades ago when I toured New Zealand I heard about damage done in one of the caves.

Thing is it was someone from a local service organization!

There was a recent story about something similar happening here in the States.

My bet is that the vast majority of damage is not done by foreigners.

• Agree
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟249,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I watched a few videos about how the geishas were being mistreated. I don’t understand why people can’t respect the privacy of others and keep their hands to themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟102,819.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Decades ago when I toured New Zealand I heard about damage done in one of the caves.

It is different in Japan. There it is the tourists that damages natural and cultural heritages. Carving names on ancient bamboo and wooden temple doors.

The vast majority of Japanese are actually very conscious of their attitude in public. That's why there is so little crime there and so little litter there.

The reason Japanese manucipals started to take drastic actions all stamp from foreign tourists. So in Japan most damages are done by foreigners.

And these touriats poison the well for the rest of us.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

TLDR: Damage is done by everyone.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟435,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's just Ozzy and probably lots of drugs. Not indicative of overtourism.
Well, overtourism happens, but yeah, Ozzy and his drug addiction in the 1980s caused him to violate a historical structure with his urine.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟435,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It is different in Japan. There it is the tourists that damages natural and cultural heritages. Carving names on ancient bamboo and wooden temple doors.

The vast majority of Japanese are actually very conscious of their attitude in public. That's why there is so little crime there and so little litter there.

The reason Japanese manucipals started to take drastic actions all stamp from foreign tourists. So in Japan most damages are done by foreigners.

And these touriats poison the well for the rest of us.
When I travel I want to see new and interesting things, but I also want to relax a bit. And that compels me to seek out places that arent 1st-tier tourists sites which are so often full of crowds and stressy commotion. So on my Japan bike tour I didnt even see Kyoto, Nara, Tokyo. Those do seem like amazing places tho.

At one interesting town, Kitsuki, they literally told me "tell people to come here!" So there you have it. Go see Kitsuki and the Kunisaki Peninsula.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟877,674.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That's just Ozzy and probably lots of drugs. Not indicative of overtourism.
I didn't say anything about overtourism. I'd never even heard that word. I thought this was about tourists behaving badly.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟435,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I didn't say anything about overtourism. I'd never even heard that word. I thought this was about tourists behaving badly.
Yeah youre right. I brought that in myself, as I know its part of the problem the OP describes.

Upvote 0