Visit site
✟20,899.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've felt that there's a "this is our clubhouse" mentality.

wasn't this addressed in an episode of "Davey and Goliath"?...

I'm glad my Church isn't this way...I love my Church and the folks in it...my wife and I have only been there a few monthes...and been members for about a month now...but we have always been treated as if we belong...and as if we had always been there...

Upvote 0

KagomeShuko

Wretched Sinner/Belovèd Child of God/Church Nerd
Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟29,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
RedneckLutheran said:
wasn't this addressed in an episode of "Davey and Goliath"?...

I'm glad my Church isn't this way...I love my Church and the folks in it...my wife and I have only been there a few monthes...and been members for about a month now...but we have always been treated as if we belong...and as if we had always been there...

It's sad, but for me, I know who actually cares about the ministry by who comes to Sunday School. :sigh:

At least, there is a good little group of people. Just wish this could even be reflected with the leadership, but as stated, that's with the "good ol' boys" network.

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Upvote 0

RedneckAnglican

Once again...the Outsyder...
Feb 5, 2005
San Antonio, Texas
Visit site
✟20,899.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am a firm disbeliever in "Good 'ol Boy" networks...in the early days of the Methodist Church John Wesley made sure that ministers rotated every 3 years...this way new ideas could be propogated and spread around...bad ideas would be forgotten and die off...I feel that Church leadership should be the same way...you been on the Church council for how many years now?...thanks for the service...here's a plaque for your office...see you later...perhaps not quite that blunt, but you get the meaning...the only real problem with this is that in most Churches now a days it's hard to find anyone who will serve...so you get stuck with the same people...the same rut...the same bad ideas...

Upvote 0

KagomeShuko

Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟29,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
While the council did approve of this. . .it's not even really the people ON the council that are making the big deal about the kitchen. I mean, as you said, it's hard enough to find people who will serve. These people usually do care about the ministry. . .and property is supposed to care about property. . .this was more of the W/ELCA, honestly. They came and wanted this kitchen.

Ken, I know you live in TX. I don't know how it is there, but in Louisiana, pretty much EVERYTHING is still the "good ol' boys" network. . .

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Upvote 0

RedneckAnglican

Once again...the Outsyder...
Feb 5, 2005
San Antonio, Texas
Visit site
✟20,899.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"A Mighty Fortress" put to the music of Led Zepplin's Black Dog

I know your being sarcastic, but don't put ideas like that into my head...I been on my Bass all morning and you know what...it can be done...

Upvote 0

JADVirginia

Nov 19, 2004
✟199.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
setmefree said:
This whole building for building sakes really bugs me too.

Could this have anything to do with keeping the church constantly in debt to preserve its “non for profit” status?

Any tax attorneys among the group? :p
Would anyone admit it if they were a tax attorney anyway? :D

keith

If you really want to know ... no, an organization need not maintain debt to remain not for profit.

JADVirginia, Esq.

Upvote 0

KagomeShuko

Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟29,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
RedneckLutheran said:
I know your being sarcastic, but don't put ideas like that into my head...I been on my Bass all morning and you know what...it can be done...

You can sing "Amazing Grace" to the tune of the Gilligan's Island theme song.

You can also sing it to the verses "Peaceful Easy Feeling" and leaving the refrain on works for the hymn.

I've never tried or even thought of trying to put "A Mighty Fortress" to a different tune.

I learned the two about Amazing Grace. The first, by reading and just trying. The second, by singing it because it was done that way at a gathering/camp (The Disciple Project).

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.