skuxess

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
✟15,121.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Hey guys, sorry for being really random but what are your views on the roles of ministers kids? I, myself am one of a pacific island church congregation of about 300-400 atendees on sunday services, we play a huge part yet it is it so wrong to be normal for a day?it is in the eyes of many but why? - i dont see the big picture of it. any thorts or anything would be cool!

Want2DoRite84

Sep 3, 2009
United States
✟7,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am a PK as well and I felt my role was that of sort of a pawn in the church. If there needed to be someone in the nursery I would have to go and play with the kids. That was fun for me. Or if there needed something a little nasty to be done I would have to do that. It felt like the members expected me to drop whatever I was doing just to wait on them, even if I was working on homework. I was like the whipping girl.

Upvote 0

meowmix

The Talking Cat
Jan 15, 2006
Lurking in the fields of Central Illinois..
✟38,095.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I am a PK as well and I felt my role was that of sort of a pawn in the church. If there needed to be someone in the nursery I would have to go and play with the kids. That was fun for me. Or if there needed something a little nasty to be done I would have to do that. It felt like the members expected me to drop whatever I was doing just to wait on them, even if I was working on homework. I was like the whipping girl.

I second that !
I don't mind when I have to work in the kitchen, but Babysitting Is VERY Difficult for me when It's early in the morning . It takes me about half the day to get to my normal self, Otherwise I'm Cranky and 'Depressed' about everything . The Little kids think I'm a boring person, Until they meet me on a youth night . :D

If you're a Pastors/Ministers child just be yourself and don't try to act perfect because a lot of children/teens will look up to you as a role model and if you're pretending to be the perfect one then people will easily see that you are lying.

Oh and always remember to smile! :)

If I was myself..... Hmm.. No, That won't work .. :doh:
Since Church Is in the morning, I'm extremely tired..
I Don't want to talk to people, I want to sleep, I'm Cranky....
So In church I put on a mask. I smile, Laugh, Talk to the people, shake hands, and act Mature about the Sunday morning ... :yum:

The kids in my church still look up to me for answers, and I'll try to help them the best I can with a smile ..
In my mind I just want to tell them, "Go ask someone else, I'm tired.".... But You gotta do what you gotta do, I suppose ...

Upvote 0

xygtfalcon

Safe From The Losing Fight
Sep 30, 2005
Victoria Australia
✟5,527.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Your role as a Pastor's Kid shouldn't be any different to anybody else your age in the congregation. Meaning, you are in the congregation to fill your God given purpose in your particular church. Everyone has a role to play of some sort, just some people's roles are seen as being more important than others, although this is never true, each person is as important as each other. The person who greets on the door or helps in the nursery is not any less important than the Pastor him/herself. I think it is important as Pastor's Kids that we don't step into ANY role just because we feel obliged as a PK, but that we fulfill the role that God has set in place for us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums