✟13,351.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey,

We have been asked to stay off the ELCA subforums as it appears to be a members only club. So that is fine with me, however, I will say that they are more than welcome in my opinion to come here if they wish. I know that Danhead has come over and so has Kagome to add a few pennies to the opinion coffers.

So I say let em have their exclusive club. We don't want to be where we aren't wanted anyway.

Scott:cool:

Jim47

Heaven Bound
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2004
Michigan
✟46,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't recall ever even visiting, what would I do there except get into trouble?

There welcome to come over here but I promise to pounce on them with the whole Bible :D

Actually, I think these sub forums are a little silly, but its not for me to say, right :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ByzantineDixie

Handmaid of God, Mary
Jan 11, 2004
Visit site
✟11,649.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
SLStrohkirch said:
We have been asked to stay off the ELCA subforums as it appears to be a members only club. So that is fine with me, however, I will say that they are more than welcome in my opinion to come here if they wish. I

Well, you won't get any argument from me. I have always thought this group didn't need a "safe harbor" and that debate should be welcomed here--but, that is purely my opinion. Now think about it...if debate is permitted here and if debate is permitted in the main forum...then this particular subforum isn't really needed (it never was) and it should quickly fall into disuse. Which wouldn't bother me so much.

I also have no problem refraining from posting in the ELCA forum. I admit to reading things there and being brought to tears. I have little to contribute that would not be debate. Same goes here though, too! :p

Upvote 0

Tetzel

Veteran
Nov 19, 2004
✟10,575.00
Faith
Lutheran
I would not want people coming to my forum either if they were declaring me not to be Lutheran. The kind of stuff I hear about the ELCA in this forum reminds me of the stories I've heard about what people said about Roman Catholics a few decades ago. It's no wonder they don't want to hear from us. Also the amount of contempt displayed for each other in that forum is disgusting. We wouldn't be allowed to go into OBOB and act like that, should we have a right to do that to the ELCA sub-forum?

Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Tetzel said:
I would not want people coming to my forum either if they were declaring me not to be Lutheran. The kind of stuff I hear about the ELCA in this forum reminds me of the stories I've heard about what people said about Roman Catholics a few decades ago. It's no wonder they don't want to hear from us. Also the amount of contempt displayed for each other in that forum is disgusting. We wouldn't be allowed to go into OBOB and act like that, should we have a right to do that to the ELCA sub-forum?
Tetzel, read Galatians 5:12, is this apostle really denouncing the Judaizers and wishing that they were utterly cut off? What else would you call it but plain cursing? Paul is absolutely right in curseing the Judaizers, wishing that they were cut off and rooted out of the Church of God and that their doctrine might perish forever. This cursing is the gift of the Holy Ghost. In the same way, Peter cursed Elymas in Acts 13:10. There are many instances of this holy cursing in the Sacred Scriptures! Jesus even rebukes Peter, and calls him Satan in Matthew 16:23. Blessed be God and His Word, and cursed be everything and everyone who teaches contrary to God and His Word, even if it should be an apostle, or an angel from heaven. Amen! Just as Paul tells us in Galatians 1:8-9.

Now when we challange the false doctrine, you would judge us? We did not attack them directly, we called attention to their false teaching. They didn't like it, and got mad at us because it hurt their pride. Ministers must rebuke the fallen, the false teacher, but when they see that the fallen are sorry, they are to comfort them and completely forgive any fault or offence. If you would rather coddle the false teachers and rebuke those who defend the true doctrine, then by all means, go ahead and do so.

"I cannot say it often enough, that we must carefully differentiate between doctrine and life. Doctrine is a piece of heaven, life is a piece of earth. Life is sin, error, uncleanness, misery; and charity must forbear, believe, hope, and suffer all things. Forgiveness of sins must be continuous so that sin and error may not be defended and sustained. But with doctrine there must be no error, no need of pardon. There can be no comparison between doctrine and life. The least little point of doctrine is of greater importance than heaven and earth. Therefore we cannot allow the least jot of doctrine to be corrupted. We may overlook the offenses and errors of life, for we daily sin much. Even the saints sin, as they themselves confess in the Lord’s Prayer and in the Creed. But our doctrine, God be praised, is pure, because all the articles of our faith are grounded on the Holy Scriptures."
- Martin Luther
A Commentary on St. Paul’s Epistle to the Galatians

Reactions: Jenna
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SPALATIN

Lifetime friend of Dr. Luther
May 5, 2004
Fort Wayne, Indiana
✟13,351.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Luthers Rose said:
Well, you won't get any argument from me. I have always thought this group didn't need a "safe harbor" and that debate should be welcomed here--but, that is purely my opinion. Now think about it...if debate is permitted here and if debate is permitted in the main forum...then this particular subforum isn't really needed (it never was) and it should quickly fall into disuse. Which wouldn't bother me so much.

I also have no problem refraining from posting in the ELCA forum. I admit to reading things there and being brought to tears. I have little to contribute that would not be debate. Same goes here though, too! :p

I am with you there Rose. I think we should just fold up the subforum and from now on claim the main forum as ours. If they want to go off and pout about what they claim are attacks on them they can go to their room. Maybe we should just send them there until they can behave. ;)

Upvote 0

Jenna

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If they want to go off and pout about what they claim are attacks on them they can go to their room. Maybe we should just send them there until they can behave. ;)

It's a good thing that I had finished my glass of water before scrolling down. *chuckles* Otherwise, I might have choked. At least you didn't threaten to chase anyone with a rolled up newspaper. heehee...

Upvote 0

ctobola

Sep 30, 2004
Fargo
✟562.00
Faith
Lutheran
Thank you, Tetzel.

If anyone would like to review the thread for themselves, it's called Confession-olotry? The disagreement starts on page 3 when ChiRho tells Willy "your post was nothing but an outside attack on Christianity."

In Christ, -Cloy

Tetzel said:

Upvote 0

Jenna

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry Cloy, but I just can't stand behind you on this one. While the language may have been hard, I get where ChiRho is coming from. While I won't go so far as to say that Willy himself is not Christian, the comments themselves were not in support of the Christian faith. That should have the folks from the ECLA up in arms themselves. I'm disappointed that no one had made a point to call him on such unscriptural propositions. It's one thing to differ on the small points that only serve to give us each our own distinct flare, such as methods of dress, music choice, vestments vs. suits, etc. However, when it gets into tossing out fundamentals of Christian faith, well..... those forums are located at the top of the CF main page.

Upvote 0

ChiRho

Confessional Lutheran Catholic
Mar 5, 2004
Fort Wayne
✟9,982.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jenna said:
Sorry Cloy, but I just can't stand behind you on this one. While the language may have been hard, I get where ChiRho is coming from. While I won't go so far as to say that Willy himself is not Christian, the comments themselves were not in support of the Christian faith.

If anyone would like to review the thread for themselves, it's called Confession-olotry? The disagreement starts on page 3 when ChiRho tells Willy "your post was nothing but an outside attack on Christianity."

In Christ, -Cloy

The words were harsh. But how long must one engage an individual spouting anti-Christian (nevermind, anti-Lutheran) beliefs before one can assuredly respond, "You seek to accomplish the dark work of your Father, the enemy of Christ!"? The insanity of this all should make one shudder and cringe. We, Lutherans, are left defending our forum from people with agendas that easily qualify as un-Christian, yet we are punished! Why is it that our moderators consist of an unbalanced ratio of ELCA members (and women for that matter)? Do you think that it may have something to do with the recent influx of extreme liberal theology that is allowed, while theology that concurs with our Confessions is moving closer to "unallowable" status? This whole thing is turning into a sick joke. People are allowed to assert ideas that violate the "Christian Only" section of this site, and nothing is done. But when I call them on the belief, I am warned. Non Compus Mentis! :mad:

Yeah, I know, somewhere in the above post I have violated some rule about speaking about warnings...who cares? One more warning and I am gone for a year...so what? Look at what this site has become- oh, how she has fallen- reminds me of something else I love. So read this, ban me, and go on sympathizing to the Christian terrorist...I'm out. :cool:

Pax Christi,

ChiRho

Reactions: Music4Hym777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
ChiRho said:
The words were harsh. But how long must one engage an individual spouting anti-Christian (nevermind, anti-Lutheran) beliefs before one can assuredly respond, "You seek to accomplish the dark work of your Father, the enemy of Christ!"? The insanity of this all should make one shudder and cringe. We, Lutherans, are left defending our forum from people with agendas that easily qualify as un-Christian, yet we are punished! Why is it that our moderators consist of an unbalanced ratio of ELCA members (and women for that matter)? Do you think that it may have something to do with the recent influx of extreme liberal theology that is allowed, while theology that concurs with our Confessions is moving closer to "unallowable" status? This whole thing is turning into a sick joke. People are allowed to assert ideas that violate the "Christian Only" section of this site, and nothing is done. But when I call them on the belief, I am warned. Non Compus Mentis! :mad:

Yeah, I know, somewhere in the above post I have violated some rule about speaking about warnings...who cares? One more warning and I am gone for a year...so what? Look at what this site has become- oh, how she has fallen- reminds me of something else I love. So read this, ban me, and go on sympathizing to the Christian terrorist...I'm out. :cool:

Pax Christi,

ChiRho
:thumbsup:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ChiRho again.

Upvote 0

Jenna

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Of course, I second DanHead. :)

It is understandable that we will not all have the exact same understands, synod to synod. I am very unpleasantly surprised at the reality of having to defend such simple matters like the inerrant nature of the Bible and the exclusivity of Christ, while in the Lutheran forums. It is disheartening to say the least. I am no pastor, to be sure, but even I am able to understand how huge these issues are to the Christian faith. These are dangerous grounds, and I would hate to see anyone rebuked for standing firm on issues of faith that we have all supposedly accepted in joining with the Lutheran church, regardless of synod. Still, there is deafening silence on these matters amongst those who claim the ELCA subforum as their own. It is so common to find those who will debate heatedly against LCMS members on smaller issues, so why has no one stepped forward to correct their own on such substancial misunderstandings?? It is so very important that such unscriptural views be corrected, lest anyone be lead astray from God.

Reactions: Music4Hym777
Upvote 0

ByzantineDixie

Handmaid of God, Mary
Jan 11, 2004
Visit site
✟11,649.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Jim47 said:
Ditto Here! :thumbsup:
Dan said:
:thumbsup:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ChiRho again.

Tritto! I really have to get out and rep more.

Jenna said:
It's one thing to differ on the small points that only serve to give us each our own distinct flare, such as methods of dress, music choice, vestments vs. suits, etc. However, when it gets into tossing out fundamentals of Christian faith, well..... those forums are located at the top of the CF main page.

Unfortunately, I am in the same unreputable state regarding Jenna's classic comment here as well. Quite excellent!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.