Meet the Navy Veteran who Became a Sister of Life: ‘My Heart Was Made for Something More’

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,762,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“To be a bride of Christ is the most beautiful gift I‘ve ever been given,” Sister Maris Stella said. “I’m so grateful for it. I love my vocation.”

NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. — Sister Maris Stella once served her country. Now, she's dedicating her life to serving God.

“I served in the Navy and I tasted many of the good things that this world had to offer,” Sister Maris Stella of the Sisters of Life told CNA. “But I knew my heart was made for something more.”

Her military career began at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md., which has an acceptance rate of just 8%. After studying for four years, she served for five more. Her service journey began on a destroyer as a gunnery officer. She spent hundreds of days off the coast of South America in pursuit of drug traffickers. Afterward, she worked in Naples, Italy, as a liaison officer.

Then, she said “yes” to serving God.

Continued below.
Meet the Navy Veteran who Became a Sister of Life: ‘My Heart Was Made for Something More’