• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Medications

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mellaril was prescribed to me by my campus psychiatrist whom I spoke to pertaining to the combined treatment of BPD with antidepressants and antipsychotics. My overseer boss and professor suggested I look into the combination and I was having a really hard time a month ago and thus I asked about it. I was prescribed Mellaril because I cannot sleep and inquired about antipsychotics.

I am still an insomniac and just numb with weird physical twitches. i will be weening off of Mellaril soon because of the high risk of heart attack and tardive dyskinesia I face with long term use.

I am classified as a 'high functioning' borderline, because I do exceedingly well until I crash, then my life pretty much halts abruptly.

Upvote 0

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thanks for the help with this. I have been taking them and they seem to make me completely, well, brain dead sort of. I cannot really think well and this is not good considering I need a 3.5 every term. I hear there are some extremely heinous heart problems associated with this medication and thus with my history I should have never even been prescribed them...good job for the doctor who didn't read my chart, eh?

Does anyone know about cold-turkey with this med? Like, I don't really want to take it, I would rather switch to a medication with less side effects. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.