✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Mayan Love Song

Set in 15th century during the Spanish Conquest of Mexico.

One of Pizarro´s soldiers , Altamira , falls for Soctzactel (pron:Sosatchel , meaning "Moonlight Mist") daughter of a bloody Mayan sorcerer. All heck breaks lose when Altamira tries to convert her to Christianity.

(BTW guys, I wrote this two years ago...way before Apocalypto)

Thoughts ?

FireRock

Call me a dreamer of the seemingly unattainable...
Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You seem very into writing period pieces, Crusader. intriguing. From the bits and pieces I've read, you're very good at it and it makes for great mental images of the scenes.

I like the concept. It gives way for numerous plot twists and drama.

Does Soctzactel fall for Altamira too? Is he trying to convert (for lack of a better word) her because of his feelings for her or because its the Truth? What happens in the end? will there be a sequel involing thier children (assuming is works out for them)?

Okay, so those last two questions were mentioned in jest.

Is the script completely written out? Well, not including any further edits or revisions...is it all out on paper though?

Upvote 0

Historygeek

Jan 2, 2007
Livingston MT
✟7,819.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I see two problems with this idea. first, the Mayans were extinct long before the Spanish came to Mexico. It was the Aztecs whom the Spanish encountered in Mexico. Second, Pizarro wasn't in Mexico. Cortez was in Mexico. Pizarro was in Peru, and it was the Incas he conquered.

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Those are two very large points/problems.

Although inconsistancies in the background setting of a historical drama never seem to bother great writers. :p Well, I mean except for the good ones.

Upvote 0

The Ascetic Crusader

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Milk River , Alberta
✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I see two problems with this idea. first, the Mayans were extinct long before the Spanish came to Mexico. It was the Aztecs whom the Spanish encountered in Mexico. Second, Pizarro wasn't in Mexico. Cortez was in Mexico. Pizarro was in Peru, and it was the Incas he conquered.

Kay, let´s swap Mexico for Peru and Aztecs for Incas. Pizarro stays tho.

Upvote 0

Historygeek

Jan 2, 2007
Livingston MT
✟7,819.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Kay, let´s swap Mexico for Peru and Aztecs for Incas. Pizarro stays tho.
That has possibilities. Pizarro was initally friendly to the Incas, but let his greed for gold overcome any benevolence he had, and put them to the sword. I would do some rersearch into Inca customs and social history before writing. You might find some ineresting cultural differences that would make good plot points.

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Really? You're still working on this one? Wow, that's awesome!!

Have you been doing much research into the time period and culture, or mostly trying to get the story down to iron out later?

Much encouragement and well wishes to you, Crusader!!!

Upvote 0

The Ascetic Crusader

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Milk River , Alberta
✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Really? You're still working on this one? Wow, that's awesome!!

Have you been doing much research into the time period and culture, or mostly trying to get the story down to iron out later?

Much encouragement and well wishes to you, Crusader!!!
Whatcha been up to Fire ? Finish your skater vid ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's all written up - final draft. (Well, unless a creative brick hit me in the head and gives me something to go and revise. I'm happy with the way it finally turned out.)

Unfortunately, I had basically the entire cast set, but over half of them backed out and said they didn't want to do it anymore. College, work, moving, and other legitamate reasons, but now I need to pretty much start over in terms of casting. Lame. :p

Anything new and exciting going on in your little world, Crusader?

Upvote 0