Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am reading a book about Mary Whitehouse. I must say i am filled with admiration. She stood up for what she believed as proper Christian values. I find it sad that so many laughed at her. Dismissed her. Look at what society and television have become. Nothing to ne proud of in a lot of it. Was she right or wrong in her views?

• Winner
Reactions: Junia

John 1:1 Christian

May 3, 2018
England
✟34,821.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Mary Whitehouse most certainly was right in her campaign against obscenity, so much so that even BBC journalists that fervently opposed her at the time have admitted that she indeed was right. When you think about the sort of perversion that was going on in the BBC and across the British media at the time, no one can really say that those in the Establishment laughing at her had the moral high ground. I especially admire the way that she stood up for Christianity and for decency when the Church of England refused to give evidence in her campaign against a blasphemous poem in 1977, keeping in mind less than fifteen years before, C of E Bishops were calling the resurrection 'conjuring tricks with bones.' She faced the brunt of ridicule by the British Establishment and didn't back down. A truly admirable figure in my opinion.

Upvote 0