Mary, the Rosary and Scripture (question)

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Could someone please let me know where the Scripture passages are for Mary in the mysteries of the Rosary?

I'm looking up all the chapters/verses for all the mysteries and I don't know where the assumption of Mary into Heaven is or the coronation of Mary.

Thank you and God bless.

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm looking up all the chapters/verses for all the mysteries and I don't know where the assumption of Mary into Heaven is or the coronation of Mary.

You won't find any scriptural reference for those events.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Could someone please let me know where the Scripture passages are for Mary in the mysteries of the Rosary?

Thank you and God bless.

I refuse to comment on Mary, Rosaries, Marian Devotions, appearances of Mary or any of the Saints in fora where some people do not even believe that Mary's son, Jesus was also God.

Nor do I appreciate Catholic Bashing, which is what this question is about, and not seeking information.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I refuse to comment on Mary, Rosaries, Marian Devotions, appearances of Mary or any of the Saints in fora where some people do not even believe that Mary's son, Jesus was also God.

Nor do I appreciate Catholic Bashing, which is what this question is about, and not seeking information.

How is that "Catholic-bashing"? The OP is asking an honest question.

And tbh now I'm wondering that as well.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Brendan - One of the many things that turned me off as a Catholic for a lot of years was that nearly every time I asked an honest question regarding beliefs yours was the response I received. If you are truly interested in bringing people into the Catholic faith, please consider responding to their questions in a more loving, Christ-like manner.

Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

I was genuinely asking a question I'm not here to bash anybody we all have to start somewhere I came to the Catholic forum for Catholic answers. If you don't want to help me that's fine I'll not hold it against you.
Friend, God's peace be with you.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How is that "Catholic-bashing"? The OP is asking an honest question.

And tbh now I'm wondering that as well.

Okay, maybe I'm reading the wrong intentions into the OP. If so, please forgive me.

However, I have found many times that people post things just to bash the Catholics. They often ask about the Scriptural foundation of Rosaries, Marian devotions and such. Usually it is an opening so that the guileless Catholic comes along and tries to answer, and the OP goes after them with all sorts of accusations.

The fact that the OP was in a specific Catholic community give me more reason for me to question her motives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Okay, maybe I'm reading the wrong intentions into the OP. If so, please forgive me.

However, I have found many times that people post things just to bash the Catholics. They often ask about the Scriptural foundation of Rosaries, Marian devotions and such. Usually it is an opening so that the guileless Catholic comes along and tries to answer, and the OP goes after them with all sorts of accusations.

The fact that the OP was in a specific Catholic community give me more reason for me to question her motives.

I forgive you and your suspicion though hurtful is understandable.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I was genuinely asking a question I'm not here to bash anybody we all have to start somewhere I came to the Catholic forum for Catholic answers. If you don't want to help me that's fine I'll not hold it against you.
Friend, God's peace be with you.

I was wrong. Please forgive me.

As far as Scripture backing up anything Marian at all, no, you will not find it.

But what you can do is read a good Catechism of the Catholic Church and you will find many reasons why such things are done.

Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
I was wrong. Please forgive me.

As far as Scripture backing up anything Marian at all, no, you will not find it.

But what you can do is read a good Catechism of the Catholic Church and you will find many reasons why such things are done.

I forgive you and thanks. :)
It's a work in progress to shift method mindsets from sola scriptura to expanded stuff that sometimes but not always quotes Scriptures it's like breaking out of habit trying to be open to expounding it takes time and effort :)
All worth it though.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Thank you and God bless.
Someone might have already answered this but, Revelation 11:19 to Revelation 12:1 is the closest we get. There is also a Psalm referring to the Lord rising with His Ark, I forget what Psalm it is. Our Lady is the Living Ark of the New Covenant, which is why in Revelation 11:19 and the Psalm, the Ark is interpreted as referring to Our Lady. See these quotes from the Early Church Fathers: Church Fathers on Mary as Ark of the New Covenant :: and if you like, I can post here or send directly to you some quotes from my debate on Mary as the Living Ark.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks! I only see one in Revelation that is dipicted or promoted by catholic art and I don't know if that's Mary of a symbol of the church are there no verses that are specific like Jesus going into Heaven or the Spirit descending?! *Confused*

The best scripture I can think of for the Coronation of Mary would be Revelation 12:1, but you're correct, the Coronation and especially the Assumption aren't as explicitly laid out in Sacred Scripture as such things as the Nativity or Resurrection. They can be deduced from the Sacred Scriptures, but they also lean heavily on Sacred Tradition.

• Informative
Reactions: Saint Beloved
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was genuinely asking a question I'm not here to bash anybody we all have to start somewhere I came to the Catholic forum for Catholic answers.

I took your question in the spirit it was asked.

God bless!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm loving this one:

Who is this that comes forth like the dawn,

beautiful as the white moon, pure as the blazing sun,

fearsome as celestial visions?”

(Songs 6:10)

If we're going to say the woman in Song of Songs represents Mary then that paints her in a shockingly different light. :swoon:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,734,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Thank you and God bless.

Helpful links:
Immaculate Conception and Assumption | Catholic Answers

The Rosary | Catholic Answers

Mary: Mother of God | Catholic Answers

Mary: Ever Virgin | Catholic Answers

• Informative
Upvote 0