TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello. I have secured a Debater for this topic named FREODIN ; I shall be taking the affirmative position that Male Homosexuality in any Society is a gross perversion / has been, is, and will continue to be harmful /fatal to its Participants / and thus harms Society as a whole in which case it should be banned . FREODIN will take the position that Male Homosexuality should be an alternative permissible Lifestyle and that it has not been harmful to Societies in the past , nor is today .

We both agree on the C.F. Standard Proposal Guidelines except for the length of each post ; we would like that to be a maximum of 5,000 words each time . Other than that, we would like the remainder of the Standard Proposal Guidelines to apply (including 3 alternating responses with mine being the final response) .

We both agree not to introduce Female Homosexuality into this particular Debate , and will place our focus on Male Homosexuality only.

We both agree not to use The Bible as an Authority on this Subject , although general references to a Personal Theistic Designer/Creator or atheistic Materialism - Naturalism could be used , if appropriate and desired.

We would like the Formal Debate to start on Monday 1-27-14 , and I shall make the opening Introductory Remarks.

Please advise once the Debate Room has been setup for us. Thank you.

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟840,720.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Thank you David for proposing this debate. I need a couple of things before your debate can be set up. First, we need to have your opponent, FREODIN, to post in the proposal thread, and to affirm the stipulations.

Second, the proposed length of post; 5000 words would require more than one post, as CF's software limits the size of an individual post (not sure how many words, but it is less than 5000). More than one post is OK if you both agree to the 5000 word limit.

We usually impose a maximum amount of time between posts (although we can be flexible); since posts are moderated, with 5000 word posts, it takes time for moderators to read and approve these posts; then it would also take time for participants to read it and compose a response as well. What would you and FREODIN feel a reasonable time limit would be?

I wait to hear from you both.

Mark:)

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you David for proposing this debate. I need a couple of things before your debate can be set up. First, we need to have your opponent, FREODIN, to post in the proposal thread, and to affirm the stipulations.

Second, the proposed length of post; 5000 words would require more than one post, as CF's software limits the size of an individual post (not sure how many words, but it is less than 5000). More than one post is OK if you both agree to the 5000 word limit.

We usually impose a maximum amount of time between posts (although we can be flexible); since posts are moderated, with 5000 word posts, it takes time for moderators to read and approve these posts; then it would also take time for participants to read it and compose a response as well. What would you and FREODIN feel a reasonable time limit would be?

I wait to hear from you both.

Mark:)

1. Ill advise FREODIN to contact you asap.
2. We are both ok with a 3,000 word limit for each post made.
3. We are both ok for a max. 10 days to respond to each post made.

David.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟250,665.00
Faith
Atheist
Addendum:

I agree to keep this debate on the topic of male homosexuality, but want to add that a reference to female homosexuality can be used when appropriate and desired, in the same way as TCMD wants to keep the option of referencing a "Personal Theistic Designer/Creator".

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟840,720.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Addendum:

I agree to keep this debate on the topic of male homosexuality, but want to add that a reference to female homosexuality can be used when appropriate and desired, in the same way as TCMD wants to keep the option of referencing a "Personal Theistic Designer/Creator".

David, are you OK with this?:)

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟840,720.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Stipulations:

1. Topic:
    Male Homosexuality in any Society is a gross perversion / has been, is, and will continue to be harmful /fatal to its Participants / and thus harms Society as a whole in which case it should be banned .
  2. Affirmative: TheyCallMeDavid
    Opposing: Freodin
  3. Rounds: 3
  4. Alternating rounds starting with Freodin's first post.for a total of six posts.
  5. Time limit between posts: 10 days maximum, there is no minimum. (10 days following staff review and the approved post being put up).
  6. Maximum length for each post: 5,000 words
  7. Quotes and References are allowed; Please note that all quotes will fall under the 20% rule.
  8. Special stipulations regarding posts;

• Both parties agree that the focus will be on Male Homosexuality only I agree to keep this debate on the topic of male homosexuality, but reference to female homosexuality can be used when relevant.
  • Both agree not to use The Bible as an Authority on this Subject, although general references to a Personal Theistic Designer/Creator or atheistic Materialism - Naturalism could be used , if appropriate and desired.
9. Proposed starting date: Monday, January 27, 2014

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Stipulations:

1. Topic:
    Male Homosexuality in any Society is a gross perversion / has been, is, and will continue to be harmful /fatal to its Participants / and thus harms Society as a whole in which case it should be banned .
  4. Alternating rounds starting with Freodin's first post.for a total of six posts.
  5. Time limit between posts: 10 days maximum, there is no minimum. (10 days following staff review and the approved post being put up).
  7. Quotes and References are allowed; Please note that all quotes will fall under the 20% rule.

• Both parties agree that the focus will be on Male Homosexuality only I agree to keep this debate on the topic of male homosexuality, but reference to female homosexuality can be used when relevant.
  • Both agree not to use The Bible as an Authority on this Subject, although general references to a Personal Theistic Designer/Creator or atheistic Materialism - Naturalism could be used , if appropriate and desired.

I am fine with these stipulations. Please give me the Room link to where I can start with my introductory opening statement . David.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟250,665.00
Faith
Atheist
Just a little correction to point 4: TCMD will make the first post laying out his basic arguments. He is the one making the positive claim, after all.

That would mean the final post is mine - which would go against his statement in the initial post. But, depending on the progress of the debate, I am rather willing to forfeit my final comment than waste my initial post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟840,720.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Just a little correction to point 4: TCMD will make the first post laying out his basic arguments. He is the one making the positive claim, after all.

That would mean the final post is mine - which would go against his statement in the initial post. But, depending on the progress of the debate, I am rather willing to forfeit my final comment than waste my initial post.

This was my screw-up; will make the corrections.

I am fine with these stipulations. Please give me the Room link to where I can start with my introductory opening statement . David.

I'm starting on it now, and will post links here when everything is in place.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟840,720.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Male Homosexuality Stipulations:

1. Topic:
  4. Alternating rounds starting withTheyCallMeDavid's first post.for a total of six posts.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.