BigNorsk

Contributor
Nov 23, 2004
✟18,457.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I added some of the Lutheran Churches that claim full Apostolic Succession in the sense of passing it down through the Bishops.

At this point I only added the ones who have Apostolic Succession through the Anglican Church. Some have both their own and the Anglican Successions.

I believe there are others such as many in Africa that would trace their Apostolic Succession back to the Church of Sweden. But I don't have them handy.

Marv

karen freeinchristman

More of You and less of me, Lord!
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2004
North west of England
✟62,407.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I added some of the Lutheran Churches that claim full Apostolic Succession in the sense of passing it down through the Bishops.

At this point I only added the ones who have Apostolic Succession through the Anglican Church. Some have both their own and the Anglican Successions.

I believe there are others such as many in Africa that would trace their Apostolic Succession back to the Church of Sweden. But I don't have them handy.

Marv
:)

Upvote 0

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟38,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I've read that the Swedish Lutheran Church allows his students of theology to celebrate the Mass BEFORE to be ordained priest, that because the wrong idea of Mr Luther about the priesthood of all believers.

If this is the udenstanding of the sacrament of order, I think that the idea of bishop and of apostolic succession is very different between us

Upvote 0