Josephus

<b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b>
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟172,843.00
Faith
Messianic
hehe. taking a Saturday morning break. :)

Good answers are worth their wait. :p

In response, I'd say this is true of the Renewal of All things (as Jesus called it since I don't believe that after the Judgement we will be in Heaven only, but Heaven on Earth) ahem... anyways,

I can only imagine what it will be like. My standard answer to this question is that you will not remember anyone who remains in the "old world" because God himself says at the End, "Behold, I have made all things new. The former things have passed away and will be remembered no more."

You will not remember. How is this possible? Let me ask you a logical question: when do you forget about something? When you are distracted.

What is more "distracting" than being in the awesome, infinite, presence of the Creator of the Universe and his throne? I say that we will be so enamored and awed and busy to not even think of those that rejected God and got their fair and just punishment.

Upvote 0
Josephus hit it on the head...though its a tough one for us often to realize. But maybe this analogy might help:

Imagine that you are a 5 year old child who for your entire life (or the last 2 1/2 years) has played the "Pong" video game. It's all you've ever known, and, due to its repetative and bland nature, and, though you love it, you know something is missing. Then, one day, you get a combination X-box/GameCube/Playstation 2 with a full arrayment of games and a lifetime promise to never run out of options or upgrades. Tell me, how often would you, as this 5 year old, remember "Pong" in a "glad that its gone" sort of way, much less regret not having it around anymore? As a child, full of excitement at the new good things that have come your way, you would not. You'd be too caught up in the new glory.

Now...of course this is merely an analogy. On earth, this child would eventually grow up and get bored...but God is the King of Heaven and He is infinitely unboring! Hard as it may be for us now to understand, that's the way it will be.

Meanwhile...if you have family that is in that situation... PRAY for the them! and witness to them. That is our calling as children of God. Let your cup overflow, no matter what the personal trial or persicution you may incur will be. If you love them, then reach out to them in that love and let God win their soul for Himself through you!

Peace to all who seek it,
<><

Upvote 0