LOTR is the spawn of satan

WizardBoy01

Jul 12, 2005
✟209.00
Faith
Pagan
LOTR says that this ring will destroy the world so thats liek tha anti-christ, and than wizards who openly practice witch craft go to destroy it. there are demons and creatures from hell and the heros are all possesed buy the ring(anti-christ) so if you don't like harry potter because of witchcraft this is worse guys.

Nienor

why so serious
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
WizardBoy01 said:
I think the christians chose what to belive they say harry potter is evil but star wars abd LOTR is not. Just like narnia thats full of witch craft but it is full of religious symbolizim i know what i'm saying i'm taking a radical standpoint that some people take to get what they want.
Well, I think HP is ok to read, and have in fact read them several times. (NOt great writing, but entertaining) I agree that it's stupid for them to think HP is evil, but that Fairy Godmothers in Cinderella is ok.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LOTRbeatspotteranyday

Jul 25, 2005
In a house, in a small little hick town
✟8,018.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Republican
WizardBoy01 said:
I think the christians chose what to belive they say harry potter is evil but star wars abd LOTR is not. Just like narnia thats full of witch craft but it is full of religious symbolizim i know what i'm saying i'm taking a radical standpoint that some people take to get what they want.

youre taking a radical and HIGHLY uneducated standpoint, get off the computer, read some books on theology and then realize that LOTR, narnia, star wars, and potter are just BOOKS AND MOVIES OF FICTION. LOTR was based off the letters tolkiens grandson sent him during WWI, potter was just some bedtime stories rowling told her kids, star wars is just another genius creation of lucas, and narnia are timeless classics of adventure and bravery suitable for the whole family. i dont see where you the anti-christ out of any of these

Upvote 0

WBC

Aug 14, 2005
Visit site
✟15,276.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Methinks someone is playing their hand at the 'Extremist Christian' game of demonizing everything and seeing Satan's work everywhere with a sort of 'I can play their game in a sarcastic way too' attitude. Perhaps to make some kind of point? Or I could be wrong... just my observation and interpretation of your post.
Wizardboy, while it is true that there are those Christians who see evil in just about anything, they are few and far between... the problem is we hear about them because of the sensationalistic nature of the media... they love dirt about Harry Potter and LOTR etc because it sells papers and gets ratings. What you never hear about are those who support these works because that would just not be newsworthy or create interest.
I haven't been on this forum long, but already I have seen the open-mindedness and intelligence of those who post here. I was pleasantly surprised because I too fell prey to the 'media hype' over the 'General Christian view' of the evil's of Harry Potter and such. But the truth is... most Christians don't feel that way about these movies and books at all. Only the 'radicals' do (for lack of a better word)... but they feel that way about just about everything.... their loss I guess.
It must be a sad existence to only see evil in everything when along with the bad, such beauty exists around us.

Upvote 0
A

AngelKatie

WizardBoy01 said:
LOTR says that this ring will destroy the world so thats liek tha anti-christ, and than wizards who openly practice witch craft go to destroy it. there are demons and creatures from hell and the heros are all possesed buy the ring(anti-christ) so if you don't like harry potter because of witchcraft this is worse guys.

^_^ ^_^ What a poor understanding of the LOTR theme^_^^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Solomon Kane

Jun 26, 2005
Columbus, OH. USA
✟19,475.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey WizardBoy,

What is your take on Clarke, Carter, Smith, Kurtz, Burroughs, Lamb, Lieber, Wagner, Howard, Lovecraft, Greene, Bauldino, De Camp, Offutt, Campbell, Klien, Foster, Doyle, Verne, Wells, and the hundreds of other fantasy and sci-fi authors.
Careful, you might actually have to read some of them to create an informed opinion. There fan base was never big enough to cause others to tell you how you should feel about them.

Upvote 0

Nienor

why so serious
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
ShirleyTemple777 said:
Um...Okay..LOTR is like an AWESOME fairy tale. No offence But HP is toying with lots of the real things, witch-craft is real. :(

And Narnia ROCKS BTW :)
you're just proving Wizardboy's point. THe reason he started this thread was to prove that it was ridiculous to justify one and reject the other. If anything, LotR is more evil, the magic has more of the roots in what would be biblical witchcraft. THe magic in HP is not related to the occult. Unless speaking words in Latin and waving a stick all of the sudden works.
I do not believe either is evil or has any relation to witchcraft or the occult

Upvote 0

Kerouac71

Aug 15, 2005
El Cajon
✟242.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Nienor said:
you're just proving Wizardboy's point. THe reason he started this thread was to prove that it was ridiculous to justify one and reject the other. If anything, LotR is more evil, the magic has more of the roots in what would be biblical witchcraft. THe magic in HP is not related to the occult. Unless speaking words in Latin and waving a stick all of the sudden works.
I'm just curious does anyone here know that C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien were excellent friends and that they would actually talk about the christian faith and how much Tolkien was inspired by Lewis. I think some of the people posting on this calling LotR evil and such should really examine the movie closer and see the symbolism.

Upvote 0

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sounds like someone dosn't understand that Tolkien, and Lewis were devout Christians, and everything in their books were works of imagination. If you took the time to read their nonfiction works, you'd see their theological side so much more clearly.

Upvote 0