Hello all!
Aug 6, 2009
USA
✟10,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you think about Jacob and the MIB? I thought Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley etc. were the main characters, but now Jacob and the MIB are taking over.

To me the show seems like it is slowing down. I hope it gets exciting again like season 5.

:clap: How do you think this will all end? :clap:

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It also seems that the people in the LAX timeline are doing much better than their 'other selves' : both Jack and Locke have come to terms with themselves, the LAX version of Hurley doesn't see himself as cursed, ect. Liked the cameo by the temple master in the LAX timeline.

I've been feeling like the '04 timeline is window dressing, but I noticed something. People in the sideways time are having better lives or are stronger, etc. and in the '07 timeline wind up becomming important to the plot flow. Examples include Locke, Jack, Hurley and tonight:
Claire. I started putting 2 and 2 together when I recalled her being involved in Kate's '04 story, and then last night she mentions that she'd kill Kate if the latter had taken Aaron in the '07 story.

I might need to start paying more attention to the goings on in the '04 timeline.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think Nicki and Paulo should stay under the sand.

Agreed!!

And I can't help but wonder about Aaron. How can he just be gone?

Aaron's not gone. Before coming back to the island, Kate gave him to Claire's mother to take care of. Kate's plan was to come back to find Claire and bring her home so she could raise him.

In fact, the whole mess last night with Claire looking for Aaron and saying she'd kill Kate if she were raising him reminded me of so much of that storyline from earlier in the series. Like how the psychic told Claire that she needed to raise Aaron. It seems that is beginning to come to fruition.

Did we know that Jack had a son????

You'd think they would have shown that when he came back as part of the Oceanic 6.

If I remember correctly (have not looked this up, this is just from memory) we learned in flashbacks that Jack's wife had been pregnant and... had a miscarriage, I think? Apparently in the flash-sideways, she didn't lose the baby, and David was born. He and his wife still divorced though.

Who is coming? I'm thinking Widmore. I keep going back to him week after week! But he's been conspicuously absent this season, and he's the one who was always, always, always trying to find his way back to the island. He almost made it when he sent the freighter, and Ben rebelled against Jacob's orders during that whole time so it seems like Ben may have been going against Jacob's plans there.

And then, Widmore "changed the rules" when he killed Alex, which Ben swore he'd avenge, all the while Widmore is swearing he'll get back to the island. In the meantime, Jacob and the MIB have this whole discussion about loopholes, and some weird little ghost kid tells MIB he couldn't "kill him" because it was against the rules.

Rules discussions seem to revolve around Widmore and Ben. Attempts to get to the island seem to revolve around Widmore. I think he's the one trying to get to the island and Jacob is helping him.

I want to know how Claire sees the MIB/smokey, since she clearly doesn't see him as Locke!

Upvote 0
L

LovesToBless

Aaron's not gone. Before coming back to the island, Kate gave him to Claire's mother to take care of. Kate's plan was to come back to find Claire and bring her home so she could raise him.

In fact, the whole mess last night with Claire looking for Aaron and saying she'd kill Kate if she were raising him reminded me of so much of that storyline from earlier in the series. Like how the psychic told Claire that she needed to raise Aaron. It seems that is beginning to come to fruition.

If I remember correctly (have not looked this up, this is just from memory) we learned in flashbacks that Jack's wife had been pregnant and... had a miscarriage, I think? Apparently in the flash-sideways, she didn't lose the baby, and David was born. He and his wife still divorced though.

Who is coming? I'm thinking Widmore. I keep going back to him week after week! But he's been conspicuously absent this season, and he's the one who was always, always, always trying to find his way back to the island. He almost made it when he sent the freighter, and Ben rebelled against Jacob's orders during that whole time so it seems like Ben may have been going against Jacob's plans there.

And then, Widmore "changed the rules" when he killed Alex, which Ben swore he'd avenge, all the while Widmore is swearing he'll get back to the island. In the meantime, Jacob and the MIB have this whole discussion about loopholes, and some weird little ghost kid tells MIB he couldn't "kill him" because it was against the rules.

Rules discussions seem to revolve around Widmore and Ben. Attempts to get to the island seem to revolve around Widmore. I think he's the one trying to get to the island and Jacob is helping him.

I want to know how Claire sees the MIB/smokey, since she clearly doesn't see him as Locke!

:blush: :doh::sorry: I didn't put what I meant about Aaron in a very clear way. Sorry about that. I do know the whole thing about Claire's mother taking him. It's just that he's one of the Oceanic 6 and yet, he's not much part of the story anymore, except for Claire and Kate trying to get to him or get Claire back to him. I mean, we saw Jacob connect with all the other Oceanic 6 and I just thought somehow they'd include something about Aaron in that, since there are only 6 people in that group. Just hits me as odd, and I keep expecting to hear something about what's going on with him now.

Have we ever mentioned that both Claire and Danielle "lost" their babies? And even Sun is separated from her child, although by her own choice. This island certainly is good at ripping families apart.

Really good points in your post Snooch, yes, it may be coming to fruition that Claire needs to raise Aaron.

I would think if Jack had known he had a son, that would have come up previously...either he would have been saying he missed his son when they were all stuck on the island, or would have had him in his life somehow when he and Kate were together and off island. Interesting how he said to Hurley that he'd make a terrible father, I wonder if that has to do with his time with Kate and Aaron.

I agree also about Widmore, he's too important to just be gone from the picture and yes, he was always trying to get back at all costs. He told John that a war was coming and that he had to go back, and helped him to do so.

That is a good question about how Claire sees Locke.

Rules seem to be out the window.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We were talking about that in last week's thread. Snooch mentioned Widmore as a boy, and I thought Aaron, as a bit older boy.

Who do you think it is, Airpo?

And...when will we see Daniel again? He's got to be back soon too.
It was Jacob.

Upvote 0
L

LovesToBless

What do you all think about the 2 places with all the names and numbers?

My husband is thinking that the places are very symbolic...the cave is dark and the lighthouse is light.

I was also thinking about what Jacob and MIB were talking about on the beach when they were watching the boat...about how it starts all over again. We seem to be seeing that now too.

Upvote 0
L

LovesToBless

Interesting, the writing in the cave was white, in the lighthouse black. MIB did say the Jacob wrote the name on the cave walls.

I also want to know who number 108 is. That the number Jacob instructed Hurley to turn the mirror to.

There is a lot of black and white going on in this show. Comes up over and over throughout the years.

Yeah, I'm with you on that...I felt frustrated that we never did get to see what 108 was all about. We did see other images though...I think the church where Sawyer was as a boy and the setting of Jin and Sun's wedding. I knew if we didn't record it, we'd be wanting to go back and check things out...but at least we can watch the repeat next week.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.