Mar 26, 2002
Alaska
Visit site
✟7,155.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I have this sneaky suspicion that the 'real' Desmond and the 'flash sideways' Desmond 'switched minds right at the end there. That the Desmond who came out of Widmores electromagnetic experiment was, in mind, the Desmond from the 'Flash Sideways'

Awesome thought, Thinker! Wow, you just blew my mind.

Thanx. It does explain the radical behaviour shift in Desmond both on the island and in the flash sideways right at the end, there.

In continuation of this line of thought:

The 'mind switch' ... or maybe more accurately, the 'mind merge' of the people in the different timelines is how I currently suspect they plan on ending the series. (For example, 'Island Jack' would 'step into' the body/mind of 'flash sideways Jack' - and become Jack with a few extra memories). I don't know if the people on the island would have their minds merge with their counterparts in the flash sideways realm or if it will be the other way around.

Somehow, though, I don't see the island making it through the end of the series - except, maybe, just maybe as a remnant of an already existing island.

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love Easter Eggs!

Hurley tells Desmond their bags are at Carousel 4, one of the Numbers.

Desmond chatting up Claire in the airport wasn't by coincidence, I'm sure. I wish I could remember the predictions Desmond made to her on the island.

When the guest list is read, Penny’s surname is Milton, most likely from John Milton, author of Paradise Lost. One of the first commentaries written on that work came from a man named Patrick Hume, Desmond’s last name.

The Ocean 815 flight arrived at 10:42am at Gate 8. Eight and 42 are two of the Numbers.

-1_f9c4d824-df2c-44b8-89c1-9a9861cdd8a3-1.jpg

Interesting thoughts - in the sideways, everyone is shown viewing their reflections at some point. Is this a hint that these sideways and island timelines are going on at the same time - like two parts of the same person? Which made me wonder if Jacob and MiB are parts of the same person, which is why they're so connected and having such an struggle on which will succeed - the good or evil part of themselves.

Daniel Faraday is a pianist in the Sideways - and in his flashback, he was shown practicing piano as a boy. So in their sideways seems like everyone is getting what they wanted, or are they?

Also, when Desmond meets Eloise, one of the first things she says to him is: "It's about time." Seems like not matter where we are, flashbacks, sideways, different timelines, Eloise knows what's going on

In Widmore’s office, there’s a painting of scales with white and black stones on either side, similar to the scales in the Man in Black’s cave. So what is Widmore's interest in all this - was he a canidate at a point?

-1_30052b3b-1edb-462c-b2f2-e9b0388c879a-6.jpg

I think Desmond wants the manifest cause he needs to gather the Oceanic 815 together to tie them all together and make them realize they have a different destiny - they need sideways and island to merge back together?

Last edited:
Reactions: snoochface
Upvote 0

Thinker

Senior Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
Alaska
Visit site
✟7,155.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
In Widmore’s office, there’s a painting of scales with white and black stones on either side, similar to the scales in the Man in Black’s cave. So what is Widmore's interest in all this - was he a canidate at a point?

More likely Widmore was the last of the leaders of the 'Others' who actually had direct contact with Jacob, and as such, learned some 'privlidged information'. Remember, he was in charge of the Others when the nuke went off.

One other character I find myself wondering about - Radinsky - the annoying little creep scientist whose recklessness created the catastrophe at the Swann Station, necessitating setting off the nuke in the first place. Last we saw of him in 1977 he was running like blazes from that location. We know other people - Widmore, Eliose, ect survived the nuke going off...so what about Radinsky? I have a suspicion he made it off the island more or less in one piece...and might actually be working for Widmore in some capacity.

Upvote 0

Thinker

Senior Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
Alaska
Visit site
✟7,155.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Lost is going by so fast! I want the ending to be good, but yet I don't want it to end at all.

We need another year?

To all things an ending. Much better it come to a definitive conclusion than be dragged on and on into a farce of itself as happened with other shows.

Upvote 0