• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Looking for Researchers

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟743,557.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi I need some Christian scientists with faith to help me investigate the following:

A couple of years ago I started to seek God for cures for illnesses. Here is one of the things that happened. So what happened.

I was praying to God and asked him for a scientific cure for cancer. Two words entered my mind as I prayed “BOD-L” and water, it sounded like “Bottled Water”.

I did some research into the term BOD-L and I found it was a gene that was known to initiate cell death in Ovarian Cells. Why this could be interesting is that Cancer are cells that do not undergo normal cell death. So a by studying how cell death works in conjunction with BOD-L may hold some keys, to a cancer cure. Information on BOD-L can be found at http://mend.endojournals.org/content/12/9/1432.full BOD has been studied by the Division of Reproductive Biology Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics Stanford University School of Medicine Stanford, California 94305-5317

It was interesting that a few days after this I had a vision of a bottle of water, inside the bottle the water was being stirred, it was spinning. I had no idea what it meant but I assumed it was related the BOD-L experience, having sounded like bottled water. I went to a small group meeting at church, and said I was thinking of praying for scientific cures for illness. The pastor at the meeting, without knowledge of my bottle of spinning water, bought up the story from the bible of how an angel would stir or spin the water at a pool in Jerusalem and the first person to get in was healed. He mentioned this story and said God has many different ways to heal. To me this gave me insight into the bottle of spinning water that it represented a different way to heal.

Note to those reading BOD-L is not a substance that can be bought and swallowed to cure cancer, it is a gene, and must be studied by scientists.

single eye

Jun 12, 2014
✟16,169.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
All disease can be prevented by eliminating all toxins and deficiencies from the diet. The digestive system already knows what they are and wants to tell us. The way the digestive system communicates this crucial information is with ph test paper, not lab tests. Lab tests can only measure quantity not quality. Consider the following wll-established facts: 1. the ideal ph of the human body is 7.4, 2. The more acid and the longer our ph remains acid, the more damage we do to our health.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well it has been scientifically proven and FDA approved that supplementing with 200mg of Selenium (doing nothing else) eliminates the occurence of breast cancer by 82%, prostate cancer by 69%, colon cancer by about 64% and I can't remember the rest.

The problem with cancer is that it is the most profitable illness for the pharmaceudical industry and therefore, any natural cure that does not bring them in a profit will be suppress and anyone who speaks about them regardless of the scientific evidence to back it up, would be labelled as quacks to keep the system going along nicely.

So the specifics of what you have found, might very well be true. Fucoidan is another substance which accelerates the death of cancer cells. Again, this has been scientifically proven. But according to the FDA, only a drug can cure anything.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All disease can be prevented by eliminating all toxins and deficiencies from the diet. The digestive system already knows what they are and wants to tell us. The way the digestive system communicates this crucial information is with ph test paper, not lab tests. Lab tests can only measure quantity not quality. Consider the following wll-established facts: 1. the ideal ph of the human body is 7.4, 2. The more acid and the longer our ph remains acid, the more damage we do to our health.

This isn't correct. People need to get this PH business right. There is nothing as the PH of the body because only a liquid can have a PH. So what you are referring to is the PH of the blood which is closer to 7.3 ideally. The body has 6 buffering systems which uses minerals to maintain tight control of your blood PH. You only run into problems when the minerals your body needs for the buffering system is gone which is difficult because your body will resort to robbing minerals from your bones to balance your blood PH. So it is more important to feed your body with minerals and vitamins than it is to worry about the PH. Your body can take care of the PH but you must give your body what it needs to do so.

Upvote 0

single eye

Jun 12, 2014
✟16,169.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You will find that I am the only "people" who does have "this ph business right". You might want to consider working on your listening skills because your last statement "Your body can take care of the ph but you must give the body what it needs" is absolutely consistant with what I said in my post. Are you disagreeing with "all disease being caused by toxins and deficiencies", or that monitoring our ph is the only way to find all the answers?

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You will find that I am the only "people" who does have "this ph business right". You might want to consider working on your listening skills because your last statement "Your body can take care of the ph but you must give the body what it needs" is absolutely consistant with what I said in my post. Are you disagreeing with "all disease being caused by toxins and deficiencies", or that monitoring our ph is the only way to find all the answers?

No it is not consistent actually. What you are saying or implying is to eat foods that are more alkaline to affect the PH. I am saying, make sure you get adequate nutrients because the body uses the nutrients specifically minerals to balance its own PH. See the difference? BUt if I am misrepresented your position, my apologies.

All disease is caused by toxins and deficiences. Yes. I agree with that. I do not agree with your PH analysis because people talk about Body PH and there is no such thing as Body PH since PH can only be used to measure liquids. Blood PH is maybe what you want to say, but the body uses its buffering systems to ensure the PH of the blood is within an acceptable range.

Upvote 0

single eye

Jun 12, 2014
✟16,169.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
"what you are saying or implying is to eat foods that are more alkaline to affect the ph" You are jumping to conclusions without enough information and this is why you misrepresent my position. Here is one example using the selenium you mentioned. If I follow your reccomendation of 200mg I would have to swallow an enormous number of pills because they come in 100mcg per tablet. This would introduce an enormous amount of anti-caking chemical like magnesium stearate which creates blood-sugar control issues. Getting my selenium from pumpkin seeds is much better.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"what you are saying or implying is to eat foods that are more alkaline to affect the ph" You are jumping to conclusions without enough information and this is why you misrepresent my position. Here is one example using the selenium you mentioned. If I follow your reccomendation of 200mg I would have to swallow an enormous number of pills because they come in 100mcg per tablet. This would introduce an enormous amount of anti-caking chemical like magnesium stearate which creates blood-sugar control issues. Getting my selenium from pumpkin seeds is much better.

Actually I made a mistake. Its 200 mcg not mg.

And I did already apologize if I misrepresented your position.

So since its 200mcg is 2 capsules and its not my recommendation, its a scientific fact for anyone to do what they will.

Additionally, the pumpkin seed will only have selenium if the soil in which the pumpkin is grown has selenium. Plants do not make minerals, they absorb it from the soil. Therefore the plant is dependent on the soil for it and if you look at a selenium map of the US, you will see there are many areas where they is no selenium at all in the soil. So you may or may not get the selenium from pumpkin seeds and even if you do, there is no way to know exactly how much would be in there.

Upvote 0

single eye

Jun 12, 2014
✟16,169.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Selenium that has undergone photosynthesis in a plant is superior to inert selenium without the anti-caking chemicals. What scientific proof do you have that 200mcg is the magic number? That is only a best guess. Apoligies do not interest me because you are still argueing rather than learning.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Selenium that has undergone photosynthesis in a plant is superior to inert selenium without the anti-caking chemicals. What scientific proof do you have that 200mcg is the magic number? That is only a best guess. Apoligies do not interest me because you are still argueing rather than learning.

Lol, I don't have time for you. Its written in the Journal of American Medicine and the FDA was sued by Dr Joel Wallach to make that health claim and he presented overwhelming evidence to prove this and won his case against the FDA in court. Do research on selenium and listen to the experts who have done research and experiments with selenium. They all say that the selenium levels in the soil has decreased and in some area totally gone, and the most certain way to get selenium is through supplementation. And you can get supplements without any anti caking concerns like plant derives minerals liquid for instance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't have time, or too stubborn to listen and learn? Your "experts" are best guessers, only our bodies know for sure.

Something is wrong with you bro. Seems like you just want to find fault. Of course nobody can tell with 100% certainty exactly how much everyone needs. But through experiments and clinical experience we can have a pretty damn good idea of what works. 200mcg is not a magic number, its just the amount they had evidence to support. My favorite doctor takes 1200mcg, Dr Wallach takes 1000mcg, I take about 300 - 400 mcg. So at this point i really don't get what your opposition is. I present you with facts and statistics, you present me with "i'm too stubborn to learn".

Upvote 0

single eye

Jun 12, 2014
✟16,169.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Each person's body knows with 100% certainty best source and quantity required. Knowing how to use ph test paper to acquire that information is currently not available other than through me. But it will be in the near future. You should learn not to argue with people who you do not understand.

Upvote 0