Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Disclaimer: I invented this. It is based on a familiar style of logic puzzle, but this one is my own twisted invention, and as such, could be buggy.

You are on a remote island where there are three types of people: Liars, truthtellers, and people who may either lie or tell the truth. There is no way to tell them apart, except possibly by clever questioning. You have trudged through the jungle, and reached a crossroads. Four paths lead away from the crossroads to villages. For reasons never adequately explained in logic puzzles, the people in two of the villages will kill you if you go there, but the other two will be friendly and help you back to civilization. Three people are standing around at the crossroads; they are natives, so they are either liars, truthtellers, or indecisive. Can you ask a single person a single question about the paths which will reliably tell you which paths lead to safe villages?

I also posted this puzzle at Internet Infidels, but I think you guys will like it too. If it's too hard, PM me and I'll tell you the answer.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟404,772.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But you only get 1 question, and if you ask

Liar.......................Truth Teller..............Liar/Truth Teller
(Wont Admit it him)..(Tells you who it is)...(May or may not tell you who it is)

So if A=Liar B=Truth Teller C=Liar/Truth Teller

Ask A Answer is B or C
Ask B Ansewer is A
Ask C Answer is A B or C

Upvote 0