Wisconsin
✟25,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Should we just rename this forum the bash Todd Bentley forum?

cgbentley.jpg

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟720,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
kinda makes me wonder what ever happened to this rule:

Defamation is not allowed.

Or even this one -

• Use the brain God gave you. Think before you post. Think about how your post may affect someone else.
I found them here:

http://christianforums.com/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_rule_0

I guess neither one of them are in effect if you don't agree with the minister. Sad really.

Should we just rename this forum the bash Todd Bentley forum?

cgbentley.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think we should rename this forum, “Smack the Hell Out of Those Who Bash Those They Call Todd Bentley Bashers.”

~Jim

Real heroes are people who rise to the occasion then slip quietly away. ~Tom Brokaw

A bit long perhaps. How about we just create a new subforum and call it 'All Things Todd Bentley'? It'll be the most popular forum on the site.

Upvote 0

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
Being propped up by His hands
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think we should rename this forum, “Smack the Hell Out of Those Who Bash Those They Call Todd Bentley Bashers.”

~Jim

Real heroes are people who rise to the occasion then slip quietly away. ~Tom Brokaw

I would think the topic of Todd Bentley would have died down long ago, and the focus shifted to higher things as it says in Colossians..;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A bit long perhaps. How about we just create a new subforum and call it 'All Things Todd Bentley'? It'll be the most popular forum on the site.

Okay, then. How about the STBBB, the Society of Todd Bentley Basher Bashers.

~Jim

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think we should rename this forum, “Smack Those Who Bash Those They Call Todd Bentley Bashers.”
~Jim

Well, that would be a pretty empty forum, I would think, unless you can show me a post that bashes Tob Bentley bashers.

I have heard the Tod Bentley bashers call him names from heretic to devil possessed. Case in point in this very thread:

ImmersionX said:
Well, heretics do make people very angry!
:thumbsup:

thanks and God bless.

I haven't heard anyone calling the bashers heretics or devil possessed.

I have heard the Todd Bentley bashers give false witness against him, saying that poeple thought he was Jesus, and that he taught people to worship angels.

I haven't heard anyone giving false testimony against the bashers.

Though I have heard some heated defense against the false testimony and name calling, some long apologetics for not judging ones brother, and some doctinal disagreement about angelic visitation, I don't quite see that as bashing.

So I guess it depends how you define bashing.

If you wish to paint these two different ways of interaction as morally equivalent in order to legitimize the former, I suppose that is your right. But the bible doesn't call them the same thing. The Bible calls the former judgement and false witness, and the latter contending for the faith.

One is definately bashing, and one is definately not.

Peace...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.