Status
Not open for further replies.

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
FreeinChrist said:
Yeah....but at least I am willing to be corrected, TLC. And I did find find the quote of Chafer's that the Dallas Seminary had been a dream of Scofield's...he WAS a part of its founding.
Ah, no . . he was not "part" of its founding . . that's stretching things . .

As far as your willingness to be corrected, that remains to be seen . .

Since you made such insulting comments towards myself and then found that it was you who was in need of a history lesson, I think it is obvious there was more than one reason for removing your comments. ;) In fact if it were merely an issue of being corrected, it probably did not warrant removing them at all.

I think an apology is in order . .

Yet, it was the older Moody who invited Scofield to be a pastor of a church in Northfield, Mass. My statement about Moody as mentor came from statements made about Moody advising Scofield, and it was a relationship that came later that Brookes.
Well, in my research, the only person who is mentioned as a mentor to Scofield is Brooks . .

The only relationship of a personal nature I could find between Moody and Scofield was one of friendship. . but being a friend is not necessarily the same as being a mentor . .

Peace to all!

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,784,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
thereselittleflower said:
Ah, no . . he was not "part" of its founding . . that's stretching things . .
Look at Chafer's own words.

Since you made such insulting comments towards myself and then found that it was you who was in need of a history lesson, I think it is obvious there was more than one reason for removing your comments.
Since you have made many insulting comments yourself....that is rich coming from you.

I agreed I erred in that one post and pointed out how I made the error.

I am also quite willing to put the "insulting comments" back in...for they still fit, TLF. Depends on how long you want to keep this up.

I think an apology is in order . .
I'll accept when you want to give it. ;)

Well, in my research, the only person who is mentioned as a mentor to Scofield is Brooks . .
In one article, it does say that Scofield said Brookes was his mentor. and he must have been. but I have read other stuff, as I already wrote, that Scofield also was guided by D.L. Moody, at a later date, and that Moody advised Scofield to stop castigating himself so much and focus on the gospel message in his sermons.

Point is (the one you are not addressing) is that Moody had traveled to England to preach, and met with many evangelicals there and in the USA - so your statement that Moody wouldn't have known of Dispensationism if it wasn't for Scofield is simply unsupported insinuation.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,784,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
thereselittleflower said:
The rest of your post is not worth dignifying with a response . .
Which I have already said about parts of your posts.

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Ebb said:
I noticed this from Canfield's book on Scofield:

http://poweredbychrist.homestead.com/files/cyrus/scofield.htm

Men like 33rd degree freemason George Bannerman Dealey owner of the Dallas Morning News and member of Scofield’s church contributed greatly to the cause . But occasionally, newspapers who weren’t loyal to his cause would put out damaging information on him

Is this the famous Dealey of whom Dealey Plaza in Dallas is named? :eek:
Ebb, I don't know the answer to your question, but thank you for the link!

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.