Lansdowne Church of Christ, 1943 = Millennium

W

wmssid

3) THE LANSDOWNE CHURCH OF CHRIST.
This congregation had been a member of the Millennium in my lifetime. They had taught the Creation, and the prophecies in Daniel, as well as Jesus’ prophecy in Revelation. But, after 1948, things began to change for the worse. Although they had taught me that “the Gift of the Holy Spirit” had passed away; they began to teach that Age only. Every lesson was about the “dead Jews and Gentiles in the First Century AD.” They are currently continuing this course. The Bible story is over 6,000 years long. But the Lansdowne Church of Christ only teaches about 74 years of the story.
They had come out against the Ecumenical Movement a couple of times. But that soon ceased.
After 18 years of schooling against “church doctors”; one Sunday morning they announced, “Our speaker next Sunday will be “Dr. ‘So-and-so’.” This turned out to be, “Gog!” “Gog” and I met face to face. He was a professor from the Cincinnati Bible Seminary. This was in AD 1960. The Millennium was recently deceased in AD 1959; which is dated by the Disciples of Christ, at a Denver International Convention Assembly; Aug. 28 - Sept. 2, 1959; in which they passed this resolution:

“Resolution - No. 34. Concerning Brotherhood Restructure ...”

“... negotiate with other religious bodies ... in discussing union with us” - 1960.

“First meeting of Brotherhood Restructure Central Committee” - Oct. 30, 1962.

“Participation in the ecumenical movement in every way” - 1963 Year Book.

These quotes are from the Disciples of Christ Historical Society, Nashville, Tennessee.
By the 1970s or 1980s, the Lansdowne Church of Christ was hosting seminars AGAINST Iesous’ Revelation. Almost every word was denied publicly. After one announcement, I suggested to the Elders of the congregation that they allow me to debate their guest speaker. However, censorship was the rule of the land.

4) NEW JERUSALEM IN CAPTIVITY.

“And they went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the holy ones and the City having been Extremely Loved (New Jerusalem)"- Rev 20.9a.

wmssid