Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Today at 09:40 PM Susan said this in Post #22

You as an athiest should not be posting here. This forum is Christians only.

Oops, sorry about that. I forgot which forum I was in. My bad. :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

And just for the record, I'm an agnostic, not an Atheist.

Anywho, it won't happen again (well, except for this post, which doesn't count, since I just wanted to explain, and... er... I'll just show myself out now...)

Upvote 0

Ray Cho

Ex Obscuris Lux
Mar 1, 2003
Visit site
✟15,154.00
I think the general concensus on this thread is that Hovind's "science" is flawed at best.  However, unless someone on this forum knows him personally, I think we should avoid characterising the heart and intentions of someone we've never met.  Only God knows the heart.  As Jon said, he very well may honestly believe that what he teaches is the truth.  Then again, he very well may be a dirty rotten con man.  We just don't know (unless, again, one of us knows him personally).

I am as appalled as anyone at how aggregiously Dr. Dino reflects upon Christianity in general.  But if indeed he does believe what he says, we could all take a lesson from him and avoid that kind of dogmatism in propagating our own views.  Any one of us (including myself) could be just as off base and not know it.

In matters that are so obscure and far beyond our vision, we find in Holy Scripture passages which can be interpreted in very different ways without prejudice to the faith we have received. In such cases we should not rush in headlong and so firmly take our stand on one side that, if further progress in the search for truth justly undermines our position, we too fall with it.  - Saint Augustine

Upvote 0

Follower of Christ

Literal 6 Day Creationist<br />''An Evening and a
Mar 12, 2003
✟7,754.00
Faith
Christian
"According to the grace of God which is given to me, as a wise master builder, I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let every man be careful how he builds on it. For any other foundation can no one lay than the one being laid, who is Jesus Christ. And if anyone builds on this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble, each one's work shall be revealed. For the Day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try each one's work as to what kind it is. If anyone's work which he built remains, he shall receive a reward. If anyone's work shall be burned up, he shall suffer loss. But he shall be saved, yet so as by fire. "
(1 Corinthians 3:10-15 MKJV)

"Some indeed even preach Christ because of envy and strife, and some also of good will. Those, indeed, preach Christ out of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds. But these others preach in love, knowing that I am set for the defense of the gospel. What then? Nevertheless, in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached. And I rejoice in this. Yet, also I will rejoice. "
(Philippians 1:15-18 MKJV)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.