US
✟1,115,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Elon Musk confirmed on Friday that Kanye West’s Twitter account has been suspended shortly after the rapper posted a Swastika merged with a Star of David and shared private messages between the two.

Twitter’s chief executive was responding to a Twitter user who had asked the businessman to “fix Kanye please” after the rapper’s account was shut down.

“I tried my best. Despite that, he again violated our rule against incitement to violence. Account will be suspended,” Musk wrote.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I think Elon did the right thing in this instance, but didn't he buy Twitter because he was a self proclaimed free speech absolutist who wanted to stop censorship on Twitter?
"he again violated our rule against incitement to violence"

If you or I had done that on Twitter; do you think that Musk would have had a private conversation with us; or would one of his employees have brought down the ban hammer like he was working for Gallagher?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟216,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If you or I had done that on Twitter; do you think that Musk would have had a private conversation with us; or would one of his employees have brought down the ban hammer like he was working for Gallagher?
Ban hammer!!!

• Agree
Reactions: HARK!

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟351,239.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

Oh I agree that the ban hammer would have gone strong. Rightfully so imo. But that doesn't change the fact that Elon is taking actions that contradict his words and stated rational for buying Twitter in the first place.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Oh I agree that the ban hammer would have gone strong. Rightfully so imo. But that doesn't change the fact that Elon is taking actions that contradict his words and stated rational for buying Twitter in the first place.
How was Elon contradicting his own words; when he had a private conversation with this celebrity (I assume to give him an opportunity to rectify this problem quietly) ;when he apparently was put into a position where he was forced to enforce his own rules?

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟177,825.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think Elon did the right thing in this instance, but didn't he buy Twitter because he was a self proclaimed free speech absolutist who wanted to stop censorship on Twitter?
Free speech is not anarchy. Musk never said he would abolish all rules on Twitter. But instead of arbitrary bans like before it is now transparent and in accordance with the rules.

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟351,239.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
How was Elon contradicting his own words; when he had a private conversation with this celebrity (I assume to give him an opportunity to rectify this problem quietly) ;when he apparently was put into a position where he was forced to enforce his own rules?
Here's a good example. Last I checked, displaying a Swatika, while vile and deplorable behavior, isn't against any laws.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟842,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
One rule for the wealthy elites, another rule for you and me.

• Agree
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
One rule for the wealthy elites, another rule for you and me.
I saw it that way at first glance; but after some thought, I gave Musk the benefit of the doubt. West holds influence on those who follow him, whether on Twitter or not. It would better serve the interests of humanity to take an opportunity to appeal to West's sensibilities, than to shuffle him off to spread hate elsewhere.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟345,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last I checked, displaying a Swatika, while vile and deplorable behavior, isn't against any laws.
Display of a swastika violates many laws. They just don't happen to be laws in the United States.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟842,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I saw it that way at first glance; but after some thought, I gave Musk the benefit of the doubt. West holds influence on those who follow him, whether on Twitter or not. It would better serve the interests of humanity to take an opportunity to appeal to West's sensibilities, than to shuffle him of to spread hate elsewhere.

Impressive rationalization.

• Friendly
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟216,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
However, inciting violence is against the law; and merging a swastika with the Star of David incites violence.
Why doesn't he simply claim that the Star of David is really a sheriff's star? Worked for Donald.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
what is it with the right and these people becoming so unhinged
No doubt. We need to ship him off to Portland, to sit around the Left-Wing campfire, to sing "Give Peace* a Chance."

*Mostly

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟216,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
this guy is just....what is it with the right and these people becoming so unhinged, or was ye this way all the time and just better at hiding it? Apparently he also did an insane rant on alex jones wich I haven't seen yet.
Ye has been unhinged for quite a while and, while it has been noticed and remarked upon, he is very rich and very famous which buys a person a lot of leeway.

Upvote 0