• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Just asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

alilsa

Dec 27, 2004
Alabama
✟1,509.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
O.k., so do we just go ahead and cut then post? Since we can't talk about what we will do. Do we talk about what we already did? Can we just post about cutting in the Depression forum instead and still give details? Am I even allowed to ask about this? I asked before and didn't get an answer. So, do we try to give a cutter any spiritual help or advise? Or just say, "have a nice day" because I don't understand what we are suppose to talk about here if we can't even talk about cutting or SI, what good is a new forum? We cant even talk about it on cb either.

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those are very good questions. It will probably take some time before people really feel comfortable in a closely monitored situation like this, but I think we can find a good balence between triggering and support.

I think the main focus of the rules is to keep this forum from becoming a harmful place. My understanding is that you are perfectly welcome to talk about cutting and SI, but advice on HOW to cut or descriptions of exactly what you did would not be approved by staff.

You are PERFECTLY welcome to give advice or to relate to others... Condemning advice will probably be censored (I wouldn't let somebody say "if you SI, you're going to hell" for example). It's probably not such a great idea to jump in and give out advice left and right, but it's not our job (or intent) to censor past what could be very harmful to hurting members.

The bottom line is that CF does not want this to become either an SI advice forum. Threats of SI or suicide (and other non-SI related problems) will also be deleted. Other than that, there should be MORE leeway here than in depression to discuss issues related to SI and to create a community of people who struggle with the same stuff.

I hope that makes some sense.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.