Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I left my job for another job. I took some bad advice and am seeing how the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Now I am without a job due to taking that bad advice plus having issues with anxiety. Please pray that God will make a way for me to get a new job somehow that I can stick with and to learn a solid lesson from this experience. Thank God and thank you all for your prayers.

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟214,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I pray for insight and clarity for you regarding your experience, and that the Lord would guide you to a new job, where he wants you to be.

• Friendly
Reactions: Heartofsilver
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟163,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I left my job for another job. I took some bad advice and am seeing how the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Now I am without a job due to taking that bad advice plus having issues with anxiety. Please pray that God will make a way for me to get a new job somehow that I can stick with and to learn a solid lesson from this experience. Thank God and thank you all for your prayers.
I pray that you may find a different job, and have the support of a fellow friend to help with your anxiety. I have mild anxiety myself in general, so it can be difficult to know when things will get better, but they always do, if it takes a second, or a lifetime. Most of the time, things get better for me in a matter of minutes for small issues such as a mild argument to months or a few years for big issues such as OCD.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Bride of Christ 4/8/17 Isaiah 54:5
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I pray that you may find a different job, and have the support of a fellow friend to help with your anxiety. I have mild anxiety myself in general, so it can be difficult to know when things will get better, but they always do, if it takes a second, or a lifetime. Most of the time, things get better for me in a matter of minutes for small issues such as a mild argument to months or a few years for big issues such as OCD.
Thank you, I get what you are saying. I also have OCD as well. The repetitive thinking can be tough and I have been trying to journal daily to help with that.

Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Update: Praise report

I did get a new job at a clothing store as a cashier. I walked in and they practically handed me the job. It is part time and seasonal, but they said that they do keep people. We will see what happens. Thank God and thank you all for your prayers. I really appreciate them. I do however feel nervous because they do want to cross train me in other departments in the store, so please keep me in prayer when it comes to anxiety and willingness to do my job fully. Also. That our Lord uses me well at this job to touch others as He tends to do.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟163,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, I get what you are saying. I also have OCD as well. The repetitive thinking can be tough and I have been trying to journal daily to help with that.
Journaling can help, but talking to an actual priest or therapist can help even more. People in the US rely too much on self-care, when we should focus on helping, and receiving help from others.

Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Journaling can help, but talking to an actual priest or therapist can help even more. People in the US rely too much on self-care, when we should focus on helping, and receiving help from others.
Yes, that can be true and I do speak with a therapist bi-monthly. :)

• Winner
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟163,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank God and thank you. I'm thankful that He gave me a new job on such short notice.
You're welcome. You getting your new job is God helping you. Eventually, you will probably get more hours there, or level up to a different department. But do not force that.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums