Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I was a Theistic Satanist for around 5 years. As a part of my Satanism I also practiced witchcraft. So I was a Satanic witch. Mostly I used talismans, stones, candles, and pentagrams for spells, rituals, and prayers to Satan.

Sounds like I was right about repeating what you saw in movies and fairy tales then.
I don't even acknowledge Satan exists. But I'm happy you found something that works better for you.

Me? I might even be happier on my path than you are on yours.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Nice video. Before going too far though, you should know loammi and awitch spend every waking moment on this forum, going back as long as I can remember, 1990's perhaps.

It's about 7.5 years for me.

The term troll does not do them justice.

Aw, that's so sweet of you to say

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Daniel seems to suggest it, yeah. I don't think I'll awaken to eternal shame.
I would make sure about something as important as forever.

You can only play Craps so long at the poker table before the dice don't go your way.

Know for sure. Christ forgives sin. Sin separates God and man, both on earth and after death.

Take care of the sin problem.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I would make sure about something as important as forever.

You can only play Craps so long at the poker table before the dice don't go your way.

Know for sure. Christ forgives sin. Sin separates God and man, both on earth and after death.

Take care of the sin problem.

Why can't I do the same thing for my sins that Daniel and David did? Why can't I use prayer as Hosea says we can? Why do I have to believe that HaShem changed His mind?

How about I just say this: I am as certain my faith is right as you are yours is.

Reactions: Niblo
Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It would be helpful if you would pull out maybe 5 different points from the video which you feel are important, then we Mormons could address the issues more fully.

Moroni 7

36 Or have angels ceased to appear unto the children of men? Or has he withheld the power of the Holy Ghost from them? Or will he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man upon the face thereof to be saved?

37 Behold I say unto you, Nay; for it is by faith that miracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore, if these things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because of unbelief, and all is vain.

38 For no man can be saved, according to the words of Christ, save they shall have faith in his name; wherefore, if these things have ceased, then has faith ceased also; and awful is the state of man, for they are as though there had been no redemption made.

Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
It would be helpful if you would pull out maybe 5 different points from the video which you feel are important, then we Mormons could address the issues more fully.

How about I give you just one point to address. The fact that there is no archaeological evidence to support the BOM.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
How were you "into" witchcraft? Because whenever I see it phrased that way, it turns out the person was repeating something they saw in a movie or read in a fairy tale.

Have you ever noticed that it seems like every 10th Christian on the forum "was a Satanist for X years who also practiced [that thing you're talking about]" as to sort of tie Satanism to various pagan behaviors? It seems like that happens all the time.

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Have you ever noticed that it seems like every 10th Christian on the forum "was a Satanist for X years who also practiced [that thing you're talking about]" as to sort of tie Satanism to various pagan behaviors? It seems like that happens all the time.

I always ask about the person's experience expecting to hear about how s/he saw the nature of the divine at the time, how s/he found their pantheon, the meaning behind the holidays, or the connection with the environment, and instead the response is usually, at best, 'I played with Ouija boards and casted money spells" and at worst, "I did lots of drugs, had orgies, and killed animals".

Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How about I give you just one point to address. The fact that there is no archaeological evidence to support the BOM.

Ah, this will be fun.

Now Iron this deserves a whole thread of it's own so hold your horses.

I am surprised, I thought this would be some deep theological question and not a temporal one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
And I could find a source that says we are descended from Apes but that wouldn't make it true.

That's because we aren't descendants of apes. We just share a common ancestor. But that's another topic, altogether.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.