• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Its hitting hard tonight, that my closest GF did take her life 2 years ago

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not always been sad about her, but at times it just suddenly hits me, like an unexpected ocean wave, a wave of sorrow, that comes out of no where, and seemed triggered today and now tonight by many different things.

I've been the strong one in real life for many ppl, and the terrible losses just can come up and knock you out or take your breath away sometimes.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,116,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not always been sad about her, but at times it just suddenly hits me, like an unexpected ocean wave, a wave of sorrow, that comes out of no where, and seemed triggered today and now tonight by many different things.

I've been the strong one in real life for many ppl, and the terrible losses just can come up and knock you out or take your breath away sometimes.
I have had many loved ones pass away in my life and I think of them without tears but the much loved friend who took her life over twenty yrs. ago is different. It's like you say, sometimes it just hits you and takes your breath away, it still makes me cry. She was a Christian and had struggled with a type of mental illness. I know she truly loved the Lord and I don't fear for her salvation but still there is a sorrow that I can't explain, it's just different.
I will pray for you. May God give you peace, the kind of peace that only His love can provide.
God Bless

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0