Isn't is audacious for us to use God's real name?

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I was always told that in reality, if we have any true belief and respect for our Lord, that we should refer to Him as our Father in heaven, our Lord, the I AM, but to never write or say the one that starts with Y because as sinners, our filthy mouths are not worthy to utter His Perfect name, under zero circumstance. Is this correct? It feels correct yet I see others use it and it does not feel right. It feels like that name should reside in a special sacred shrine or alter so as to keep it as pure as possible.

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟126,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Has God stated not to write down or call Him Yahweh?
Exodus 6:3. And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Yahuvah was I not known to them.
The Lord gave the name to Moses. It is Holy and to be used to call on Him directly, not use casually.
Psalm 50:
14 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:
15 And call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Yeshua taught us to pray, Our Father. I am not shy to shout Yahu!

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟126,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Exodus 6:3. And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Yahuvah was I not known to them.
The Lord gave the name to Moses. It is Holy and to be used to call on Him directly, not use casually.
Psalm 50:
14 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:
15 And call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Yeshua taught us to pray, Our Father. I am not shy to shout Yahu!
Abba works just fine as well. Or if you prefer, Daddy.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟126,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I was always told that in reality, if we have any true belief and respect for our Lord, that we should refer to Him as our Father in heaven, our Lord, the I AM, but to never write or say the one that starts with Y because as sinners, our filthy mouths are not worthy to utter His Perfect name, under zero circumstance. Is this correct? It feels correct yet I see others use it and it does not feel right. It feels like that name should reside in a special sacred shrine or alter so as to keep it as pure as possible.
Swear By The Name Of The Lord

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
never write or say the one that starts with Y

Where does it say that in the bible?

Is there any thing, place, words, rites etc that make any difference to our state as Christian.
( Yes I know we can blaspheme etc by what we say etc. )

Jesus told the woman at the well that worshipping in Jerusalems temple was irrelevant then and that we are to worship in spirit and in truth. So as adopted sons of God we can address our Father by name.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We really have no need to address our Creator-God in any descriptive way, other than call Him: "our Father, who art in Heaven" as shown, and thank our Father-God. The Name: Yahweh (translated to Jehovah: meaning 'ever self-existing one'), is descriptive of the Creator-God; yet to the faithful believer as "Father". Would we call our natural father by his given name? I would not and never did. The Lord Jesus Christ is the Name of significance to us, who MUST be "the door" as He said to come to the Father. That seems somewhat as Jaxxi was saying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0