Nov 4, 2007
California
Visit site
✟20,269.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi Rowan, Jesus bless you today with peace.

Well I looked thrugh the parish website but actually I didn't find anything referring to the charismatic renewal. I am thinking that it is not charismatic in the sense that we understand that word to be "of the charisms."

Normally a parish that has charismatic elements would have at least a prayer group and maybe even a healing team or outreach ministry. I couldn't find anything like that at this parish.

I guess the name Holy Spirit Parish could make someone think it was charismatic though! I understand completely my sis. And with regard to missing some of the traditional aspects of a catholic church : gothic look and all, well I guess the designer was a modern one. Well I don't think that the exterior design should too much denote whether the parish is charismatc or not though, it has alot more to do, I think, with the interior change that has taken place by the power of the Holy Spirit.

P.S. I hope no that no one confuses you!: An interior change by the Holy Spirit doesn't mean that we don't love the traditional aspects of the church. In fact, we should love and embrace them even more so!

peace be with you my sister in Christ

Upvote 0

CatholicFlame

The Lord is Risen Indeed
Nov 4, 2007
California
Visit site
✟20,269.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi there again Rowan,

I was thinking about your question and it just dawned on me that I should send you something to show what a charismatic parish / group is really like.

So this link is to the Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon and it is really a wonderful introduction to what this reneal in the Holy Spirit is all about.

http://www.archdpdx.org/ccr/

I hope this blesses you each time you read it, as the author of the page says. And I pray that you will receive new graces that you never knew of before, in the power of the Holy Spirit.

peace be with you

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.