Is my thread on Old Calendarists accurate and respectful?

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟492,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I posted this thread last week.

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/the-fascinating-world-of-eastern-orthodox-old-calendarists.8254006/

I wanted to make sure that my Eastern Orthodox friends regard it as accurate, respectful and devoid of any obvious errors. I doubt we have any Old Calendarists here, although there are several on another forum related to Orthodoxy. I for a time attended an Old Calendarist church unaware it was Old Calendarist, but in general, I really get along well with Russian and Greek Old Calendarists, and have had several Anglophone (second generation cradle, and convert) Old Calendarist friends but for some reason these relationships have thus far ended badly, and usually for reasons not relating to any religious dispute, but this is likely coincidental, as I noted in the thread, and I think I was careful to avoid suggesting that I find Old Calendarist converts to be disagreeable or unpleasant, which is absolutely not the case. Furthermore, I am extremely sympathetic to many Old Calendarist positions; I personally prefer the Julian Calendar, I find the history of the Ecumenical Patriarch who introduced the calendar reform and then became Patriarch of Alexandria to be unusual, I am opposed to the World Council of Churches and think the Church of Georgia did the right thing in leaving it, and so on, although I still believe in ecumenical reconciliation, for example, the reconciliation that happened between the Antiochian Orthodox and Syriac Orthodox (note I am not seeking to debate any of these views, I completely respect it if your views are different, I am just trying to explain where I was coming from).

My main reason in posting the thread was to share with people the history of a group of Christians they have never heard of, who were persecuted by the Greek Junta, who care about tradition, and not for reasons of pride. I intend to do a similar thread on the Russian Old Rite Orthodox, who I love.

I consider the Orthodox Church to be the best of churches, the most reliable, with the most beautiful liturgies. Thus if ever I post anything elsewhere on OCNet which annoys any of you, please let me know.

Please pray for me, a sinner.

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟492,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
looked good from a quick glance.

Thank you Father. I know that you normally do not venture outside of this forum so I really appreciate your taking a look.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,480,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Father. I know that you normally do not venture outside of this forum so I really appreciate your taking a look.

no problem, and you got it

• Friendly
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0