Michigan
✟338,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Only through Him will we have good works (glory to God) .... without Him our works are filthy rags.

Our "works" are filthy rags whether we call Him Lord, Lord or not. As it is written about those in Christ..

Eph. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, (Whose "works"?) which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Without the Christ, there are no "good works" to walk in.

Jesus said men are to "Live by" Every Word of God. This is where we find the "Good Works" God before ordained that we should walk in. As it is written.

The Same Christ said the same thing as God of the Old Testament.

Jer. 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, (That Jesus Walked in) where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

But they said, We will not walk therein.

As it is to this day.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟311,508.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus said men are to "Live by" Every Word of God. This is where we find the "Good Works" God before ordained that we should walk in. As it is written.
In other words, put His will before our own which focuses on the needs of others, and repent of our self serving ways.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟338,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In other words, put His will before our own which focuses on the needs of others, and repent of our self serving ways.

I'm not sure God's Will is "only for the good of others", but of ourselves as well. As the Christ told Abraham;

Gen. 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

And again after HE became a man in the person of Jesus;

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Putting others before our self is a noble trait to be sure. But unless we place the Will of the God of the Bible before us, as Abraham did, these noble traits are only works of men.

This is why Jesus said, in my view, the Greatest Commandment in the Law is to Love the Lord your God with all your heart.

If a man doesn't do this, then Jesus doesn't even know us, regardless of all the needs of random people we may place before us, even if we help them in Christ's Name.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟311,508.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If a man doesn't do this, then Jesus doesn't even know us, regardless of all the needs of random people we may place before us, even if we help them in Christ's Name.
If you love others as self, you are loving God.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟338,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not sure God's Will is "only for the good of others", but of ourselves as well. As the Christ told Abraham;

Gen. 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

And again after HE became a man in the person of Jesus;

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Putting others before our self is a noble trait to be sure. But unless we place the Will of the God of the Bible before us, as Abraham did, these noble traits are only works of men.

This is why Jesus said, in my view, the Greatest Commandment in the Law is to Love the Lord your God with all your heart.

Jesus knows us 24/7/365.25

It is totally wrong to say that "Jesus doesn't even know us".

John 10:14-15, “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.

John 10:27, "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟338,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus knows us 24/7/365.25

It is totally wrong to say that "Jesus doesn't even know us".

John 10:14-15, “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.

John 10:27, "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."

I know how difficult it is for men to believe Jesus own Words once they have been convinced by the other voice in the garden that they are all set, and that God's Commandments are not to be taken seriously.

It might be prudent to also point out that the reason for the warning Jesus gave us in Matt. 7 was to teach us that just because religious men "say" they are HIS Sheep, and they call Him Lord, Lord and teach in His Name, doesn't mean they are HIS Sheep.

These men in Matt. 7 obviously thought they were HIS Sheep, but because they practiced Lawlessness, HE Himself, not me, But Jesus Himself said HE doesn't know them.

Obviously Jesus gave us this warning for a reason, just as the Law and Prophets were written for a reason.

As Paul teaches.

1 Cor. 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, (Lawlessness) as they also lusted.

12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I know how difficult it is for men to believe Jesus own Words once they have been convinced by the other voice in the garden that they are all set, and that God's Commandments are not to be taken seriously.

It might be prudent to also point out that the reason for the warning Jesus gave us in Matt. 7 was to teach us that just because religious men "say" they are HIS Sheep, and they call Him Lord, Lord and teach in His Name, doesn't mean they are HIS Sheep.

These men in Matt. 7 obviously thought they were HIS Sheep, but because they practiced Lawlessness, HE Himself, not me, But Jesus Himself said HE doesn't know them.

Obviously Jesus gave us this warning for a reason, just as the Law and Prophets were written for a reason.

As Paul teaches.

1 Cor. 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, (Lawlessness) as they also lusted.

12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Oh, I'm so scared -- not. Stop distorting Scripture!

Jesus is the Savior, i.e., He saves. Putting Old Testament accusations onto Christians is from Satan, not God. John 6:39, "And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

• Agree
Reactions: Danigt22
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟338,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I'm so scared -- not. Stop distorting Scripture!

Jesus is the Savior, i.e., He saves. Putting Old Testament accusations onto Christians is from Satan, not God. John 6:39, "And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

And who does GOD give to Jesus? Those who reject HIS Words and Commandments in favor of ancient religious traditions? Those who walk after the imaginations of their own religious philosophies?

Or am I to trust HIS Words.

Ex. 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Is. 56:6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

In your religious philosophy, why did GOD inspire these Word's to be written.

Luke 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟338,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Neither! You are to trust God!

Why do you walk after the imaginations of your own religious philosophy?

What God? The one that inspired the Holy scriptures that Jesus said we are to Live by?

Or is there another? And why didn't you answer the question I asked?

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

They believe in a type of Jesus. But we know its a phony one. They also dont believe in his blood atonement. It is very clear they never had the holy ghost as we do.

The teaching in that parable is not saying the gospel was not preached as the wonderful works that can cast out lying spirits but rather that he was not sent by the will of the father. But moved according to his own will in false pride.

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
The teaching in that parable is not saying the gospel was not preached as the wonderful works that can cast out lying spirits but rather that he was not sent by the will of the father. But moved according to his own will in false pride.
Sounds like many lordship salvationists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like many lordship salvationists.

Yes a legion of gods in the likeness of men seen rather than our one unseen Holy Father in heaven .

Luke 8:30 And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.

• Agree
Reactions: Danigt22
Upvote 0

kevinsxxxs

Feb 27, 2021
Cut Nyak Dien
✟8,135.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What I have learned from the verse is not for a religion, or an institution, or an organization but for those who call themselves followers of Christ. It is impossible for Muslims to mention the name of Jesus. They prefer the name Muhammad. But to my knowledge, that verse is for those who call themselves followers of Christ. Again I say to those who "call" themselves followers of Christ.

• Informative
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟338,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

They believe in a type of Jesus. But we know its a phony one. They also dont believe in his blood atonement. It is very clear they never had the holy ghost as we do.

I think it's much simpler than that. throughout the Bible there are example after example of folks who called God their God, but refused to "walk" in the Ways God before ordained that they should walk in them. Jesus touched on this a little earlier in the Chapter.

Matt. 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

The Way here that "many" follow, do you believe the leaders of this "way" are telling folks, "Come follow us on the path to destruction"? Or are they representing themselves as "Ministers of Righteousness" telling folks "Come follow us on the path to eternal life"?

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Why is this the case? It is written God wishes all to be saved. Why are there so many that are convinced to follow the broad way, that everyone else is following, and few find the "Path" Jesus walked? I think the answer follows.

15 Beware of false prophets, (Religious men who call Jesus Lord, Lord but work lawlessness)) which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matt. 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But we know its a phony one.

I don't think it's about Muslims, or Muslims only, I met someone from Iran about 40 years ago, he knew God existed I don't know if he was a Muslim or not, but he was angry with Israel because they never obeyed God, from what he said.
I think it's about the people who don't help people when their able to.

Upvote 0

Trev T

Mar 20, 2021
Saskatchewan
✟9,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know what I get from the majority of Christians in my home province of Saskatchewan? First of all, let me say, I might be satanic here. I'm not doing good with leaving the house. Anyways.. they seem to know Christianity and the eternal promises, but they don't know Jesus. Some of these people they say are going to Heaven... I hate judging.. but when you think of them, the last thing you would say was, "I remember them as strong Christians."

Upvote 0