Is God Keeping Me From Being A Moderate Christian?

Gumball007

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I have asthma and when a have an attack I feel like God is doing that to keep me from being moderate. This is paranoia I think but has anyone had this issue? Also I feel like God will let something bad happen if I go down the moderate path. Or He won't be there for me in troublesome times. What advice can you give?

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,279,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have asthma and when a have an attack I feel like God is doing that to keep me from being moderate. This is paranoia I think but has anyone had this issue? Also I feel like God will let something bad happen if I go down the moderate path. Or He won't be there for me in troublesome times. What advice can you give?
We all (me especially) can read into life's blessings and trials as direct revelations from God but that can easily cause us to spin out of control because most things are not God's direct revelation to us. His best revelation is His word the bible properly understood. It's best to get into a good well balanced church that can help decipher these things.

Upvote 0

Ezeretane

Mar 12, 2011
Strasbourg
✟15,426.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

I think that God is not like that at all
These last few months I realize I was thinking about God not the way He is but the way I imagine Him. When my behavior
was ... inappropriate I kind of felt guilty and for me it was very logical that I was not blessed as much as I wanted to be because I sinned. The thing is that we are sinners but we are redeemed sinners! God is love : He is our Father. A father will always love his child no matter what and He will always give him is best ( there are a lot of verses that say that) . When a child does wrong there are consequences (like for the Israeli in the OT but it was in the OT and Jesus came so that we are justified) so these consequences are often bad because we don't follow Jesus' principles anymore (for a couple of time...
My advise would be to pray about it so that God show you His will and you can do a Daniel's fast ( fasting computer, sugar or facebook! ;))
Examine yourself, see if you are anxious about something or do you felt guilty ?
The most important thing is to realize who God is , and not to put Him in our boxes so that He suits our point of view
You can also do a bible study about HEALING ( I'm doing it right now to understand why some are healing and others aren't)
Well it's always the same , so simple but so difficult at the same time: pray and study the bible
blessings ;)

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

No, I don't think God works like that at all.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Being 'moderate' here means to be polite. I do not believe, from all that I know, that asthma will prevent anyone from speaking in a civil manner on subjects that are controversial.

That wasn't the idea you had in mind, I know, but that's what "Moderate Christians" means here. :) As for the struggle you're having, I don't think "moderate" is the word for it, regardless of the usage, but I don't have a ready answer for you either. Such medical issues as you describe can cause us to doubt God's presence or concern for us, and it takes some doing to keep one's balance under difficult circumstances, that's true. Two thoughts that may help are 1) to reflect upon those who are in much worse straits and 2) recall that God has in store for you such blessings as will make the travails of this life seem small.

Upvote 0