• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is everywhere in U.S. like this when comes to treating the people with mental conditions.

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I took care of a lady with Bi-polar for two years and she pulled a knife on me then she went to jail and instead of putting her in a mental hospital for rest of her life she is being let out of jail back on the street with no hope of mental care. Here in Cookeville Tennessee we must have hundreds of people living on the street with no future. She 66 years old with no family and friends that care. This makes me mad how they all are treated not just her. Mental hospitals need come back but the state does not want too pay for it.

Last edited:

Johnboy60

Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I took care of a lady with Bi-polar for two years and she pulled a knife on me then she went to jail and instead of putting her in a mental hospital for rest of her life she is being let out of jail back on the street with no hope of mental care. Here in Cookeville Tennessee we must have hundreds of people living on the street with no future. She 66 years old with no family and friends that care. This makes me mad how they all are treated not just her. Mental hospitals need come back but the state does want too pay for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Johnboy60

Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I took care of a lady with Bi-polar for two years and she pulled a knife on me then she went to jail and instead of putting her in a mental hospital for rest of her life she is being let out of jail back on the street with no hope of mental care. Here in Cookeville Tennessee we must have hundreds of people living on the street with no future. She 66 years old with no family and friends that care. This makes me mad how they all are treated not just her. Mental hospitals need come back but the state does want too pay for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I took care of a lady with Bi-polar for two years and she pulled a knife on me then she went to jail and instead of putting her in a mental hospital for rest of her life she is being let out of jail back on the street with no hope of mental care. Here in Cookeville Tennessee we must have hundreds of people living on the street with no future. She 66 years old with no family and friends that care. This makes me mad how they all are treated not just her. Mental hospitals need come back but the state does not want too pay for it.
If someone pulled a knife on me, I'd expect them to go to jail.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟56,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Exactly

Upvote 0

Johnboy60

Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This lady didn't do this because of hate. She out of her mind. She lived with her husband for 43 years without any problems and most of time she didn't take medicine. With me she has been taking strong Bi-polar medicine that she never has taking before. Her attorney said housing the mental ill in jail doesn't cure them of Bi-polar. I've talked to alot of people about people living on the street with mental conditions and they basely said the state should do what Hitler did just round them up and put them in a firing squad.

Mentally and Physically Handicapped: Victims of the Nazi Era — United States Holocaust Memorial Museum

Upvote 0